Practice Partners Advice

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by xKanadaa, Sep 5, 2016.

1. xKanadaa

xKanadaa New Member

Do you think it they are any benefits to practicing with less experienced players in contrast with practicing with better/ equal players? :) just wanna here other opinions :3

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Not in the long run. Maybe fun for a few games if you want to practice outrageous shots without being under any pressure, but that's about it.

3. xKanadaa

xKanadaa New Member

Yeah so more for the fun side rather than actual improvement

4. LordGopu

LordGopu Regular Member

You can practice backhands, movement related things like split-stepping and correct number of steps from middle to each position. Shot accuracy maybe. Basically you're practice basics when with weak players. I practiced my backhand clears a ton this summer while training my newb girlfriend. And yes, a couple of tricky things like hitting with the forehand face of the racket on the backhand side (not round-the-heads) and in between the legs (though between the legs is hard if you're not receiving smashes to that area).

xKanadaa likes this.
  5. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Stressing again, practice the basics. Also it's a good opportunity to just practice your timing and contacting the shuttle in the sweet spot since you'll have more time to get to the shuttle. It's sometimes nice having a slower pace and hitting the sweet spot with good technique as a warm up. You get the feel for the shuttle. Then once you're done you can go play others who are more on your level.

xKanadaa likes this.