Post 2020 quality of Malaysian players

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Jan 15, 2021.

1. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Polish international challenge
    Choong hong jian / toh yi wei champion XD
    Ng tze ypng champion MS
    Mun wei chong/tee kai wun champion MD
    Chang yee jun/chia weijie runner up MD

Cheung likes this.
  2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I am looking forward to see Ng Tze Yong in more tournaments in the future. In my opinion, he has the most potential out of the juniors, including Leong Jun Hao and Aidil. In Polish Open, he seems to be able to play long rallies and his gameplay is more mature than players his age (Malaysian of course). The only weak point that I can see is his smash and overall power, which is very soft and not pressuring enough. Maybe that is because of his style. If he builds more muscle like Zii Jia, he might be very promising in the future.

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

I saw Aidil play in that tournament. He has skills. But he is what I categorize as "greedy" always trying to kill a rally as soon as possible. A mistake will usually be followed by more mistakes. More experience will probably remedy this. In the meantime, we will continue seeing him losing to less skilled players

4. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Aidil is definitely the smoothest player of all of them. Very good rallying style with good pace. His only problem is he smashes too little. Plenty of chance to kill and he decided to just do dropshots. Some muscle training and more paced shots might be good for him. His footwork is just so buttery smooth.

5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
  6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Ok..watched the Austrian Open over the weekend, the dual left handed pair of Arif Junaidi and Mohammed Haikal.have good speed and power..but seems to lose intensity towards the end of a match.
    The mixed doubles pair..Toh Ee Wei and Chong Hon Jan...good fit ...if the girl can be faster and anticipate shots better...this could be the Malaysian mixed doubles for the future

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

fun fact:
    both Arif Junaidi and Mohammed Haikal are left-handed, however their height are probably same height as the Minions and Aaron Chia...

8. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Why did BAM split up Pearly Tan and Man Wei Chong? I saw some of their XD matches,I think they're a really good pair. Man Wei Chong's smash is quite good. I'm glad Thinaah and Pearly are doing well now,but I think Man Wei Chong also deserves more opportunities,now his rank is not even in Top 100,a good player like this must be developed properly,I think he can go far. Maybe if BAM let them play XD,I think they can be Top 10 pair,seriously.

Also,why BAM did not select Toh Ee Wei and Choong Hon Jian for Sudirman Cup? They won three titles and they're really young,I think they have a lot of potential but doesn't seem like BAM is doing much with them.

9. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Our brightest star ..Goh Jin Wei announced her retirement.

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

The women in our sudirman squad is an epic letdown!! They are way unfit. Kisona was visibly out of breath towards the middle of the second set. The women's double is not much better either...by the mid third set..they are a spent force.!! What a disappointment!! What have they been doing? All the skills in the world is pointless if you can't even last 2 sets ... sheeeeeesh

11. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Everyone stepped up in the meet against Indonesia. I am most impressed with the young XD Hoo Pang Ron-Cheah Yee See no-fear attitude. They looked very comfortable and confident out there. In Cheah Yee See, finally I see someone that can handle herself from the back count. The WD did very well against the Olympic champ.

Glad to see Malaysia finally put trust in younger players. You noticed without LCW retired, there might not be LZJ coming out so fast. Without the recent 3 retired XD's (or turning independent), we would not see the emergence of the new XD.

Cheung likes this.
  12. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Yes,I was very surprised by how good Malaysia's XD are,both Hoo Pang Ron/Cheah Yee See and Peck Yen Wei/Chen Tang Jie. I watched all their matches,they are very skilled. I think Malaysia's third XD pair Toh Ee Wei/Choong Hon Jian is good too, although they didn't compete in Sudirman Cup,maybe too young and inexperienced compared to the other two pairs right now. Malaysia definitely has a strong future in XD badminton.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think you are too fast with your criticism. :)

For MAS, this Sudirman Cup is about learning. The players are not the finished package. The players can see the physical demands at the very top level are really high. When they get back to Malaysia, they can work with great clarity on their strength and conditioning.

Just to preempt you, some of the MAS players won’t be able to physically last the matches in Thomas Uber cup. That’s fine as well. These things are not correctable in one or two weeks. However, they must take the experience, learn and adjust their training when they get back to Malaysia for the future.

14. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Well I hope so.....their 4-1 loss to minnows Canada is so embarrassing, nobody talked much about it in media

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah, it's embarrassing but it is a fact and they have to address it fast. My observation is that Pearly either needs a new partner who is more stable and makes less mistakes or Thinah to improve.

Cheung likes this.
  16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Except lzj. BAM need to starve all the players to make them hungry. ;)

No social media.

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

like Cheam June Wei said, no check social media, that's the discipline during pre-LCW era...
    [/QUOTE]

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Agreed...pearly is just too good to be wasted partnering a mediocre player