Places to Play Canberra

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by DownUnderCock, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Dropshots

Dropshots Regular Member

Hi. I've read in your previous post that you last played in canberra way back 1992 and i was there then while my wife was attending uni in ANU. I wasnt playing badminton then. But the sport got me 6 years ago and am an avid player to the sport. Had our own group in our place and now been playing tournaments in levels C or D. My Family will be moving back to Australia and hoping to be staying in Canberra (I love the place and the people are friendly) and was glad to know that there are places to play with in Canberra.
    Hope to play with some the folks here in BC.

2. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

hi dropshots, probably have seen you around...will be coming back this weekend and hopefully be able to attend sunday's session....typhoon here in hkg has forced the cancellation of a majority of the flights. tomorrow is my best bet. if you are around, it'll be good to meet up, same goes for jump_smash. if not, tuesday night is ok...
    problem is that due to stupid laws, am unable to bring my racquet unless i check it in, something i don't particularly want...besides, it will not even fit into my luggage!!

3. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

lwiew, i found it virtually impossible to find a good stringer in australia... best bet is with local clubs...forget the sport outlets, absolutely crap!

4. alvin.lau.00

alvin.lau.00 New Member

Hi guys,

Just stumbled upon this forum looking for places to play in Canberra. I play regularly at UC, and the crowd there is pretty good, a good mixture of players young and old with varying skills. I would highly recommend UC as it has 8 courts free to play on the Sunday sessions (10am-12pm) and attracts quite a crowd. Saturday sessions have recently been introduced from 10am-12pm due to the increase in Sunday volumes, however with only 4 courts.

In terms of stringers, I have recently obtained an electronic stringing machine so I will be stringing a fair bit from now on. If anyone is interested at all with any sort of racquet stringing (squash, badminton or tennis), please PM me for more info. Link on gumtree for all those interested.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belc...t-restring-service-canberra-region/1019603347

5. Owais Shariff

Owais Shariff New Member

Hi,

I recently relocated to Gungahlin (willing to play anywhere across Canberra) from Melbourne. I used to play intermediate level badminton 2-3 times a week in Melbourne hence looking for groups/ partners and venues to play badminton ideally around twice a week for 90 mins or so each session.
    Any help finding me partners or groups to play with and any other useful information that you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance