Philippines Open 2007 - July 18 - First Round

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by kevinboy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

yeah, but i wouldn't say that it's a snail's pace.... this year's PO has just so much qualifiers in it.. also, there were many 'leavers' (withdrawals lol)... making many problems of whom to promote to the first round... 2nd round matches were postponed... bcause it's already late and bad for the players to stay up too late and play early next morning...

sheeshh.. the target friday as quarterfinals is just a difficult one... they assumed that the qualifying and the first and second round could be done in just two days...

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Where is Fastdrop??? he should have PM or SMS us for results

3. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i wish i could help you guys... i only have tickets for the semi's and finals...
    i didn't buy from 1st round to quarters because they told me the premier seats are sold out...:(

4. ixory

ixory Regular Member

aikss...still no update result,sigh...sigh,i tot TO is bad but PO more worst...

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

whatever..
    at least it should be like thailand open.. update the results after every match..
    this simply sucks..
    like this morning they didn't even have yesterday's results.. what the heck..

6. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

nope... TO was worse in its second year... didn't even have any updates... lol
    anyhow, we can just wish for improvements...

7. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

8. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

same on the PO website... finally..shheessh...

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Luluk-Alvent and Rian-Yoke are through to the next round...:D :D
    Joko-Hendra and Sigit-Fran did not make it... sad sad... :crying::crying:

#89 Krisna, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Sigit-Fran lost 21-16, 19-21, 20-22 to Abdul Latif-Chan Peng Soon... heartbreaking loss... I think Sigit is just too old... his knees are not working well...

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Lili-Vita vs. Meliana-Shendy tomorrow... Tangkas' best WD vs. Djarum's best WD... I think Lili-Vita should win in straight sets...

12. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Thanks klasseE ,Wow..Mohd Razif Abdul latif/Peng Soon Can win over Fran/ Sigit,16-21,21-19,22-20...this is an upset...

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Once again, Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto have produced a good result in beating Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui today. Their next opponent is the Thai pair Tesana Panvisvas/Songphon Anukritayawon, a match that is also winnable. As I said before in the China Masters thread, a quarter-final placement here will be a good result, considering their opponent is likely to be Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya. Tony/Candra will play against Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo probably for the 3rd times in as many months (with previous matches in the SG and INA SS)

On the other hand, Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi once again are inconsistent as they were beaten by Han Sang Hoon/Cho Gun Woo in rubber sets :cool:

The new Djarum pair Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki also won in rubber-sets over Stuart Brehaut/Aji Basuki Sindoro. They face a tricky tie against Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun tomorrow.

The newly crowned China Masters champion, Lilyana Natsir/Vita Marissa played an easier opponent in Li Li/Xing Aiying today and were hardly troubled in their match. They will play the Djarum pair Meiliana Jauhari/Shendy Puspa for a place in the quarter-final. The real matches will begin then...with possible matches against Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing and Yang Wei/Zhao Tingting.

It will be atrocious if INA were NOT to win the XD, with the withdrawal of Zhang Jun/Zhao Tingting. All the Pelatnas pairs, except for Anggun Nugroho/Nitya Krishinda have won their first round matches. Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir will face a tricky tie against Kristoff Hopp/Birgit Overzier; Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa should also triumph against Hui Wai Ho/Koon Wai Chee Louisa; Mohd Rijal/Greysia Polii will take on Fang Chieh Min/Cheng Wen-Hsing; while Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita probably have the toughest tie against Keita Masuda/Miyuki Maeda.

14. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

today's shortest match, natsir/marissa > lili aiying xing just in 17 min

15. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I watched the games the whole day today. Its almost midnight and the women's double is not yet over. I saw Ants in the venue and I supposed he is making all the updates. I think the schedules are in complete chaos due to withdrawals by some players affecting all the existing schedules. Too many matches and there are only 4 courts. Some matches require 3rd sets. The game started on time and I did not see any idle court. There were just too many matches. Hopefully the schedule tomorrow will not be as hectic.:eek:

16. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

finally, another one besides me and ants who understands the effect of withdrawals and too many qualifiers on the tournament...:p

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Great !! pls send me SMS and I will update to this forum...1 323 842 0330..if you do not mind as updated score is too slow...

18. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

I will try my best. There are only 1 score board on each side of the court. It's hard to move around. If there is a ready printed schedule of matches then it will be a lot easier. Anyways, I will still try. No promises:eek:

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thank you....I am sure all of us will appreciate it :p:p....we were very frustrated yesterday....my blood pressure is up....:(:(

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

okay thanks in advance fastdrop.. and hau ge =)