P9200 TD (white)?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sibeale, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Sibeale

Sibeale New Member

Hey guys, I've been looking out for new badminton shoes. I'm currently using a pair of Mizuno Wave Fang RX (1.5 years), but the soles have worn out a bit and wouldn't bite into the more slippery courts I play in. Still functions fairly well for the newer / well-kept courts, though. I've seen this pair of P9200 TD on e78, but a quick google search turns up basically nothing. So I'm just wondering, is this a legit model and is it on par (or at least fairly close) with the other 9200 models out on the market? The materials listed is similar, but I'm also suspicious of the low price and why it isn't out of stock every time I check, so I reckon it might be old stock and might disintegrate after some time of use, which has happened to a pair of Li-ning shoes I've bought during a warehouse sale. The soles literally dropped off.

I also have my eye on P8510AH or P9200BA if the general consensus states the TDs aren't a good buy. Just waiting for them to restock on sizes, the TDs currently have mine in size.

Thanks!

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

legit...i personally saw a pair in my local social sessions

3. Sibeale

Sibeale New Member

Seems like it's quite obscure. :)

I saw it too on racquetforce, and they have my size on stock. I'm biting the bullet and buying it-- worst-case scenario, I end up with a good-looking budget-line pair from a trusted brand. Thanks!

4. lurker

lurker Regular Member

There are mostly for Taiwan market only..
    Kinda like yonex jp colorways

Limited units, p9200 iinm has the most colorways of any badminton shoes...
    Period!

Sibeale likes this.
  5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Don't. Cancel it if you can.

A side by side comparison with the real P9200 (the ones that actually have color) shows the 9200TDA is a dumbed down, stripped off, hollowed out shoe.

From like the 21st century of badminton shoes to the middle ages (heh, PUN mid range) if there was one.

At the outer side, the 9200TDA has no claws where the OG P9200 has. Also, the lack of ventilation mesh that the OG has. Shows a lot the technologies that got omitted. Just because it's a canvas of white, a lot of details need to have a double look to find the devil that lies in the details.

The price clearly reflects that, and you're getting what you paid. It's the same thing as a SHB65Z vs SHB65R2. If there's something wrong, there usually is a reason why. I hope you won't pay peanuts and get monkeys. Just shell out for a high end and enjoy.

After all as a tennis show says, your foot is the only part of the body that comes into contact with Mother Nature (most of the time, duh), take care of it.

I found that out the hard way when I got a 92 Ultima (sunrise low/mid replica of the SHB92MX) and felt worse, despite saving money, and realized a lot of things along the way including foot moving without grip inside shoe during dives. Hard. Since then, it's high end or nothing for me for the fit and cushion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sibeale and lurker like this.
  6. Sibeale

Sibeale New Member

Holy crack! Thanks so much for the detailed response. I knew there'd be something wrong when people aren't buying it despite the ridiculous "price-drop" and high-end model name. I think I might be able to do something about it, and if not, at least it's not a bad price for a backup pair, but I'll have to test out the cushion and ventilation personally first, if it's at least decent. e78 is on CNY break, but I'll wait for their 9200s/8510s sizes to restock and get a good main pair. Thanks again!

esppy likes this.