NYDHI Badminton Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by prahlada, Dec 11, 2021.

1. prahlada

prahlada Regular Member

Hello. Did anyone of you guys tried NYDHI Badminton strings ? They are released in Nov 2021. Made in USA.

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I am soon to try Nydhi's badminton strings! I bought 3 packs (have two w/ me rn waiting for one) of their NS680 (0.68 mm gauge).
    They say it is comparable to Yonex BG65Ti, which is my prefered string.
    I bought it because of free shipping & it's only 6 dollars for a pack atm..
    I am just waiting for my rackets to be restrung w/ it @ 24lbs & I will make a review about it here!

3. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Highly likely these are just rebranded from Zymax.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    The question is, which one?

5. khoai

khoai Regular Member

The names of those strings: NS620, 660 (and Power), 680 and 690, do they ring a bell if you remove zeros?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    There are 4 generations of zymax 62. Which one?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I should just buy one and compare.

8. khoai

khoai Regular Member

I don't think Ashaway is making anything else rather than Fire version.

9. what07

what07 Regular Member

No shipping to Canada, otherwise I was tempted when I first saw this thread.

10. prahlada

prahlada Regular Member

Hello. Were you able to test the strings? Can you provide your review.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

11. booklv

booklv New Member

I string for my friends in a couple of clubs here in north TX, and start using NS-690 and NS-660 to replace the popular BG-65 and BG-66U a year ago, folks like them. Prior to that, I use Zymax 62, 66, and 69 for about 5 years and my average playtime is about 4 per week, 3-4 hours each. I string between 26-28lbs and use 69 mainly on 1:1 half-court long clear drop shot exercise, for games I use 62 and 66. The average lifetime is about 3 to 4 weeks, I bring a mix of 3 to 4 rackets but mainly use 2 rackets each night.

NS620/660/690 is Zyman 62/66/69 in NYDHI's naming, same spec but less expensive, I cannot tell the difference between them.

As far as Yonex vs NYDHI, I still like BG-80p and BG-66u a little better, on ArcSaber 11 and Z-Force II, but I have tested NS660/690 on BS-12, JS-10, AS-88s, TK-F EE, and HyperNaho HX-800 with 26lbs and find fairly easy to use, the efforts of long clear on XD backcourt is easier than when I have BG-65, the power of smash from midcourt is ok not super impressive, but drop short and cross split on the front court is really good.

NYDHI gives me $75 per reel with a 5% discount when paid by Zelle, so I order 2 reels each time (with free shipping) and usually come within a week. Most of my friends are happy about their racket string with the white NS series, I just order some NS-68/62 and will try and see how they compare with Ashaway/Yonex.

Overall, nice experience with HYDHI on shopping delivery as well as pricing. Everything on badminton goes up nowadays, birdies, rackets, shoes .... strings are no exception, when it is hard to trust the authenticity of Yonex strings from various sites, I am glad NS string in the U.S. is available and wish the supply is stable in the long run.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  12. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Sorry for making you wait for a while. Was busy with my last final year of high school badminton. As I have time now before preparing for college & reading @booklv amazing review, I'll talk about my opinion on Nydhi's NS680. Be aware, this is my first time reviewing a string.. :p

I asked my local stringer to string my Astrox 77, Astrox 99, & Turbocharging 70 with the NS680 @ 24lbs.

The differences I see from this & the BG65Ti was the coating of the string. When feeling the string, it felt "sticky"? Not Aerobite sticky but little bit sticky. But surprisingly I didn't feel like this impacted much of the feeling I had with these rackets w/ BG65Ti.

I do notice that the NS680 was looser than the BG65Ti. Testing the string itself with the usual shots for testing (clears, smashes, drives, drops, & so on) felt pretty good.

4 months later, all my rackets with the string are still intact! My Astrox 77 is the only one with frayed strings, yet all the strings still has the sound but w/ a loosened tension sound.

I can see myself either buying a reel, pack, or bundle of Nydhi's strings as it is cheap, good quality, & comes with free shipping as someone who lives in the US. Would love to try more of their strings (especially the NS620).

In conclusion, Nydhi's NS680 is a good string, just be aware of the coating is different from Yonex (as most of their strings are smooth). Would buy more in the future. :)