NOT Yonex and NOT Carlton!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by r_e_v_a_n_s, May 26, 2006.

1. paonjeff

paonjeff Regular Member

Hi, you must be a good salesman for Sotx. If I am not mistaken, Kick point system is an old marketing gimmick from carlton and Pro kennex' flex point system 10 years ago. All Yonex racket has warranty only for 24 lbs. And after all, who is playing with 35lbs string tension. The string will break before racket breaks. Woven is just a different graphite material, it is not even a technology. We are not here trying to sell rackets. I do not know how
    many Pro Kennex sell worldwide, But I do know that in most of specialities
    shops here, we see Yonex and Pro Kennex, Wilson and Prince. Not Sotx. My
    friends in Indonesia also confirmed that there is no Sotx there...etc
    But, anyway, it doesn't matter!

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If it doesnt' matter why post at all :)

Yes, NY is know for its many great badminton players, clubs and shops :rolleyes:

Too me it seems you know more about marketing than badminton stuff...

Most pros string above 30lbs some even above 37!
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27913&highlight=36lbs

I don't know about SOTX in Indonesia (some of thew Indo players on this forum probably knows more about this than me). but last Time I visited China and Hong Kong, I didn't see any Pro-kennex stuff anyway :)

/twobeer

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I can't help it, but I kepe reading your post..I just can't find the point! Are you sayign Sotx isn't worhtwhile because yóu don't know it? because they don't have their own plant?
    if they produce it in Pro-kennex (wich isn't even imported in holland) his factory, then how can their rackets be 'inferior'?

but twobeer is right, sotx produces a very wide range of rackets ,and have gotten their share of the market threw performace (;)fancy way of saying their marketing isn't too good, but the rackets speak for themselves). they have a 1-year-guarantee (sp?) and rackets can be strugn up to 30lbs (wich isn't that uncommon these days) from my own experience SOtx is definatly on-par with the other manufacturers. and my baised opion would be they're better;)

the nearest seller for you is probably www.ibuysports.com , just check it out.

4. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

**fingers crossed*** i hope i can see a sotx today when i go shopping for my new racquets :) wish me luck

5. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

I always thought, that SOTX is an asian brand ... though we know it's a german ... when I visit the german website, the browser asks me to install a chinese font :eek: :confused:

But is it so unusual, that a europian manufacturer concentrates on the asian market, where this sport is most popular?

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I think it's more like an Asian brand, dealing inAsia, but differentiates itself by 'pretending' to be German.
    btw, is there even a German Sotx-dealer?

:cool:because otherwise, I might be the closest;)

Kikks, as for Sotx-rackets in a local shop..doubt it...for aussies www.bbesports.com or www.puppysports.com is the closest I know of..

7. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Interesting thesis ... I checked the websites registrars:

www.sotxsport.de
    Grenzenlos Trading GmbH, Hamburg

www.sotxsport.com
    NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC ... China?

BTW ... I never saw a SOTX racket except on pictures ;)

8. jerby

jerby Regular Member

;) interested? PM me...I'm about to start our shop, first order is almost out, 27th pf june (bit of a pitty the export-supervisor of sotx is on a buisnesstrip)

9. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Thanks, maybe later ... so far I'm very happy with my new Babolat Chrono.

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

ehm, wich one is that? head-heavy? I always struggle with babolat's..cant remember wich is wich...
    also there stiffness-ratign is very different from yonex..I had a Booster Max to string..wich is "medium stiff" accoridng to Babolat..but on yonex's ratign I'd say it's between stiff (at500) and extra stif (ns8k)

11. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Babolat Satelite Chrono Specs

It's nearly the same racket as the Satelite Synchro, but the Chrono is slightly head heavy, similar to the Satelite Nitro. The shaft of the Chrono is medium flexible. I like this racket and the factory stringing (Hyperbraid) very much, but it's a discontinued model ... a german dealer told me that the successor, the Satelite Brio, will be available in late July. From the specs in the new catalogue 2006/2007 it seems identical to the Chrono, but all Satelite models will have a new design in silver metalic.

BTW ... what I find wrong about the Chrono's specs is, that it's told to be a racket for defensive single players. In my opinion it's for offensive single players ... it has good power ... many dealers seem to rate it similar.

Yes, the Booster Max is much stiffer than the Chrono and the Synchro ... I hate that racket ;)

CU
    Chris

#31 Aymara, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

thansk for the stats...
    you hate stiff rackets? or just the booster max?

13. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Yes, not especially the Booster Max, but stiff rackets in general. The main reason is, that I have a slight tennis elbow. Since I use the Chrono this isn't affected by playing badminton. But there's a second reason, why I don't like stiff shafts ... I play horrible with such rackets, even when my arm doesn't hurt.

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

hmm, alright. glad you don't ahve a tenniselbow (anymore).. does the 'short' length of babolats bother you? that was one of my biggest problems with babolats..there so short, and make me feel i don't hit hard..

15. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

All the Satelite models I tested (Nitro, Solar, Comet, Synchro, Chrono) had normal racket length ... quite ok for me. Do you play the extra length rackets?

But what I didn't like with the Satelites except the Chrono and the Synchro was their grip size ... I have long fingers and need G3.

CU
    Chris

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually I would say that 2006 "normal" lenght is LONG (ie 675-680mm), most high end rackets produced these days are (+10mm) or longer)..

So maybe we should just refer to to the "older" rackets as "short" :)

Babolat has had longer version of their rackets for quite some time (they called the long versions ... XL). Current line of rackets (04/05 models with new paint) are also available in long..

/Twobeer

17. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Good to know, thanks.

18. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    wow...sotx is kind big to u guys...

but too bad malaysia dun hv...

19. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Well..yes..from about 10 years old I use long-rackets:cool: so short racket totally mess up my shots, as far as I tested...
    does babolat produce multiple gripsizes? I have no idea actually...how long are the XL versions? the ful 680mm? or 'regular-long' 675mm (dunno how much it matters...)

20. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

Good question ... some rackets are G2 by default, others G3 ... as seen on their website. But I don't know, if all models are available in different grip sizes ... maybe on special order like the XL versions?

Regarding the length of Babolat rackets, I found an older thread.

#40 Aymara, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2006