NEWSFLASH: Taufik dropped from tournaments

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bc, Nov 22, 2000.

1. bc

bc Guest

Star Sports reported that PBSI (Indonesian Badminton Association) has banned Taufik from entering the Korean Open and the Grand Prix Final. Taufik criticized the PBSI officials for neglecting the players' welfare. PBSI thinks that they were unfairly accused, thus the ban was a punishment for Taufik.

2. farhana

farhana Guest

if PBSI drop him , then it's hard 4 indonesia to win!!!it's not a good thing to do to a player like him!

3. vince poon

vince poon Guest

How can anyone banned a player if is a open tournament? Doesn't 'open' mean that anyone who have a good ranking can enter?

4. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Well,for latest and complete information about these matter,u all could go to this indonesian badminton site. http://www.satusports.com/bulutangkis/ well,if u all could not understand,ask me cause it's in malay. Taufik said that the head of PBSI supported Agus in the ABC.THe head of PBSI will give a medal to Agus if he wins but not to Taufik if Taufik wins. so,they quarrel and quarrel and then taufik was proved to be wrong.

5. wake

wake Guest

So much for freedom of speech..
    I don't think that would be permitted in other parts of the world.Alvin wrote:

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    money?

PBSI has to pay for the travelling and entrance fee, also for Taufik to "represent" Indonesia, he has to get PBSI's approval.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    RE: money?

Do u think he will consider "defecting"?

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    defecting? probably not.

there hasn't been that many Malaysian who defected. so far, the only defection were from the Indonesian and Chinese camps. most of the defectors blame the competition in the team. which are quite true.

on a related note, it looks like the Malaysian team is not doing that well lately, they are going to axe half of the national team. players who are fired will return to their own states. rumor has it that the team is running out of money. the Malaysian team really hasn't been doing that well lately, the men side is so so, the ladies team is pretty much non-existent.

perhap now we may start seeing defectee (is that a word) from Malaysia.

9. paul

paul Regular Member

manager of sporting goods company
    RE: defecting? probably not.

I'm sure a player can enter an open tourneyment as an individual. You don't have to represent a country. As long as you had enough ranking points to get in. Of course it would be suicide for a young player like Taufik to do that - no financial backing - no training with the national squad. I suppose if a player like Dong Jiong could still enter tourneyments and do well if he had the correct training partners. It's a shame the Chinese players have such a short shelf life in their national squad. In England for example Darren Hall has been ranked No.1 for 10 years and so he stays in the team.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Longer than 10 years I think!

But Taufik could move to M'sia where they speak the same language and have the back up.
    Fung Permadi moved to Taiwan and did OK.
    Lim Xiao Qing moved to Sweden and won the All England.

11. tt

tt Guest

i agree.it does nobody no good. They're shooting themselves in the foot. If i were Taufik,i'll look elsewhere to realise my true potential.There is now a 'black mark' against him or against the PBSI..Even if they'patch up' the mark can never be completely removed .There will be some unease on both sides.This was already reflected in the recent Ipoh Masters.The trust between them will not be 100% henceforth.The Chinese, the Malaysians & the Danes would rejoice at their expense.It would be a blow to Indonesian badminton.

12. tt

tt Guest

But moving to M'sia would make him look every inch a 'turn coat',as they are traditionally arch rivals.Singapore would be a better choice as most Singaporeans also understand & speak Malay.And of course English which he could brush up on ,as he already could make himself understood to the umpire in the All-England finals ;o).

13. tt

tt Guest

i understand from The Star online that Dong Jiong is currently playing for a club in M'sia. I do not know if he could or is able to represent Malaysia in the near future.And if Darren Hall were a Chinese player,he would have been cast into oblivion long time ago:eek:).

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

That's a good point about his English. I saw that conversation with the Umpire as well.

S'pore? Does it have the training facilities? Zhao Jian Hua is living there but I understand he works in insurance (is that right). I think Indra Wijaya moved to S'pore.

Why not HK? There are a fair number of Indonesians playing here........
    Can always learn Chinese(plus some English) and it's easier to learn a language when u are younger. I'll trade English lessons for badminton lessons :eek:)

Is Taufik reading any of this??

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Dong Jiong in Malaysia

what prompted Dong to go to Malaysia? could it be the money? he was already playing in the club tournaments in China. i wonder if that's not enough money reward.

as for Dong Jiong playing for Malaysia, potentially, even when off form, i think Dong can probably beat most of the current Malaysian players!

it will be great if both Taufik and Dong defects to Malaysia. that will definitely revive Malaysian badminton.

<b>Is Taufik reading any of this??</b>

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor

what is this about Taufik's english?

so much the PBSI hates taufik, i don't think they will let him go. Taufik and Hendrawan are the only two outstanding singles players in Indonesia, Hendrawan is near retirement, and if they lose Taufik as well, they will be dead in the waters.

what if both Taufik and Hendrawan are gone? do you think Indonesia will still be able to retain the Thomas Cup?

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Taufik still a kid?

It seems that Taufik alone has stirred up all these troubles, and yet no other players have sided him, or at least not very vocally. why is that? did the other players just accepted life as that way? or are the facts exaggerated or someone "rumored" it to Taufik and used him as a sounding board?

Taufik's early rise to fame boosted his ego and arrogance, and thus he thinks he is invincible and can bash on anyone he likes?

what do you think?

<b>Is Taufik reading any of this??</b> what does <b>he</b> thinks?

18. tt

tt Guest

Correct.Zhao Jianhua is in some business line in S'pore.Not sure if it's insurance.And he also plays for a club as a doubles player with Pactrick Lau even at this moment.As for the possibility of Taufik coming to S'pore,the SBA should have no prob. getting adequate training facilities for him.Yes, Indra Wijaya is currently representing S'pore.Playing for HK would be awkward for Taufik as HK is part of China as i think he hates the guts of of people like Xuanze & Xinpeng.And possibly he is brushing up on his English at this moment to comprehend what we are all saying on this board about him .

19. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I was in the shop just yesterday getting my Fleet Ti-99 restrung and the lady at the shop stringing my racket said that Taufik was banned for not having Sportsmanship...... I'm not sure...... I couldn't say anything to her about that. But whatever the reason for his banning..... I hope Taufik can enter the next tournament because he is truely a great player!

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Mia Audina now plays for Holland so its not impossible.
    Who can Taufik marry?
    A muslim would be better.
    Good point about the China team.