NEWS : SwissOpen07 : KKK/TBH wins MD title

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by kwun, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

I just mean the Korean pair got something that can really beat KKK/TBH and it's amazing. So far KKK/TBH have beaten all the top pairs except this Korean pair. I can't deny that KKK/TBH have achieved great results within these 6 months. As a Malaysian, I'm very proud of them too. I hope they will meet very soon and it's time for KKK/TBH to prove that they can beat any pair in the world.

2. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I've done rough calculation right after the final and posted the prospective top-20s in another thread. KKK/TBH will exactly be ranked No.10. They've only participated in 6 WR point awarding events to date and just several hundred points less than pairs like the uninspiring Anthony/Robert and Rian/Hian (who have earned points in 9 to 10 events in the past 12 months) to rank ahead of them at this point of time.

Still, I predict that they will be given 3rd-4th seeding in the next SS events in coming May, just behind CY/FHF and JE/MLH (and maybe TG/CW). They received No.8 seedings in both AE and SO despite of their relatively lower world rankings then (around 30th prior to AE and 18th prior to SO).

3. stevenhyx

stevenhyx Regular Member

if lots of may be, may be korean pairs seeded number one loh...............
    pls be logic.......

4. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Errrr ... actually KKK/TBH have beaten LJJ/HJM before. Their head-to-head record stands at 2:2 right now. They haven't met JJS/LYD yet.

5. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Sorry if I refer to the wrong Korean pair. However, I hope they can meet very soon since LYD is a very young and talented player too.

6. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I think KKK/TBH is the MAS player(s) in the past 10 years who have won 3 international titles within the shortest period of time - 2 1/2 months; or won 4 titles within the shortest period of time - 4 1/2 months.

Two MS shuttlers came close by winning 3 titles in less than a year's time ...

1. In 2001, Roslin won Swiss Open (Mar), Japan Open (Apr) and Denmark Open (Sep) => 7 months.

2. In 2005, Hafiz won Swiss Open (Mar), Thailand Open (Apr) and Dutch Open (Oct) => 8 months.

3. In 2005-2006, Chong Wei won Malaysia Open (Jul), Denmark Open (Oct) and Swiss Open (Jan) => 7 months.

4. Meanwhile, in 2006, Chong Wei won Swiss Open (Jan), Commonwealth Games (Mar), ABC (Apr) and Malaysia Open (Jun) => 4 titles within 6 months; or 3 titles within 4 months.

5. In 2005-2006, CCM/KKK won Denmark Open (Oct), Swiss Open (Jan), Commonwealth Games (Mar) and Malaysia Open (Jun) => 4 titles within 10 months; or 3 titles within 6 months.

KKK/TBH's "winning pace" may slow down but I don't think they are going to become another Hafiz. The reason I think so is that KKK/TBH has consistently entering at least SF in every event they have participated so far (or, in 6 consecutive events), something that Hafiz or any other MAS players have never achieved at least in the last 10 years.

7. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

They have yet to meet LYD/JJS.
    The pair they lost is HJM/LJJ with head-to-head of 2-2.
    LYD/JJS is the only top pair they have to win to put themselves in the list of formidable pair.

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

wow, what a through analysis you had made. thanks for your analysis ya. :)

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, agreed, the korean pairs seem to be a real threat at the moment. i would say that in any given tournament, if any of these 5 pairs compete:

Cai/Fu
    KKK/TBH
    Tony/Candra
    Jens/Martin
    LYD/JJS

it would be very hard to imagine anyone else winning the title. LJJ/HJM won the korean open, all credit to them, but i don't think they perform consistently enough to be too much of a danger to the rest.

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

KKK/TBH lost in Korea Open semifinal because of unfair line calls right? I remember seeing KKK so disappointed after they lost the 2nd game cos he thought his shot was in but the linesmen called it out.

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If Lee Yong Dae has a better partner, the pair would be scary.

Also, Markis/Hendra should be on the list although I feel Hendra could do with a better partner.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Don't know if anyone noticed this.

CCM/KKK was doing ok. HTH/TBH was so-so.

After the switch, KKK/TBH went great guns. It just seemed that KKK got a better partner. However CCM/HTH was also doing better than the old HTH/TBH partnership. Just seemed that HTH was rejuvenated with a new partner. We still need more time to judge the CCM/HTH pairing, but it's strange.

13. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

I can notice that CCM/HTH smash are powerful given their height. They can jump too. HTH smash can be compared with Markis although HTH makes a lot of mistake when under pressure.

14. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Though Malaysia MD is working well, LCW seems not being so.

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    LCW is ok. Give him some time. He's got the talent to back him up.

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

let him rest a while and calm down first la.. dun always pressure him la.. pity this boy

17. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

If the Korean doubles are so hot, how come I didnt see them in the All Eng final? Or the Swiss? ;)

To be the best, you just have to be consistently winning tournaments (or at least get into the finals or semis). Not necessarily have to beat everyone.

Just like Federer in Tennis, He loses once in a while but is considered the best player ever.

Anyway I know that it's still early days yet but KKK/TBH definitely have great potential to be the best.

18. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I think the point that others tried to make was that the Korean doubles are KKK/TBH's potential nemesis, i.e., KKK/TBH may find it much harder to beat Korean doubles than the pairs from other parts of the world. LJJ/HJM is now the only pair in the world who has beaten KKK/TBH twice while JJS/LYD has yet to fight them ... so the "potential" is there until KKK/TBH could prove it otherwise by consistently beating both pairs.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you.What's costing KOR MD titles is one half of both also play XD. TG said he and CW lost to Fu/Cai in HKO06 because he was tired after playing XD as in XD the guy has to work harder.KKK used to play XD as well when he partnered CCM and that probably cost them some big titles. (When fatigue sets into KKK, he sprays unforced errors like stray bullets.)
    A big mistake KOR made was being in GO07. That means KOR MD played 3cT (3 consecutive tournaments.)Since both KOR MDs are GO07 finalists and also play XD, LYD easily would have played some 22 matches in all compared to KKK's 11.But I believe LYD would be able to threaten KKK,in a fresh FIRST tournament even double dutying with XD, because this teenager is both dynamo and dynamite.(Maybe KKK should experiment with playing XD deep again and let's see whether KKK/TBH can win a title)
    Point is among Class 1 MDs, playing just one match more makes a big difference, as much as winning or losing a title. The wins are usually marginal even if the score may not indicate so.

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yes, those mistakes cost them dearly when they met Lundgaard/Eriksen. Notice that in the livescore, the Danes got a lot of points from "others". Lundgaard could even afford serving to the net a few times. :D

Good result though, CCM/HTH can only get better ....