News Flash: Ardi Wiranata leaving USA badminton!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by smash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. smash

smash Guest

Ardi Wiranata has resigned as coach of the USA badminton. Ardi has confirmed that he is moving to Canada and take the Assistant Head Coach position. Also, the USA badminton Doubles Coach Cai Zi Min has also resigned from his position.

Leaving a team of promising players left in limbo and sent them back home to their perspective states. Not really good!

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    RE: News Flash: Ardi Wiranata leaving USA badmint

What the hell is this!? They just get up a leave our American players? I think it's because badminton isn't as popular in America. In my state of California, I know of a school that does not get funding for transportation because the district doesn't consider badminton a sport! Don't worry..I'll make big news in CA for us badminton players.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad

Thats gotta be tough to leave the whole team behind without a coach. But hey, there are lots of players in Indonesia and China that would probably want to go over to the US to coach.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    does this make me an insider?

Author: cooler
    Date: 12-21-00 21:37

yes and a very good observation cheung. To really form a theory on this, it would be nice to find out (spying?) what past legends (yang yang, han jian, zhao jianhua, erik poul larsen, susi santanti) are using to play or coach these days.
    Ardy wiranta is town for the year, i'll try to find out what racket he's using now. I dont think ardy is sponsor by anybody now.

5. smash

smash Guest

RE: does this make me an insider?

Ardi is currently sponsored by Yonex. I will find out what racket he uses by tomorrow. I will keep in touch.

6. smash

smash Guest

Tony,

That's what I said. I spoke with Ardi and he has his own side of the story. The story has already spread among the badminton community here in CA. We have agreed that it is also not Ardi's fault for leaving. But, the USAB commitee itself. Some of the players also agree that Ardi has done a very good job on coaching young juniors and the top players.

It slows down the growth and development and the face of the USABadminton, when presented to other countries. The worst thing also is. That the doubles coach that worked under Ardi already left and said the reason why he is leaving is that he wants to start a new life away from badminton.

Isn't that a sad story or what? I think the US needs a new breed of coaches. I mean the newest breed of players like those players from China that left or Korea.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

RE: does this make me an insider?

i think he is using MP100. A lot of posters here like to know what string does a pro such as Ardi uses and at what tension. Or does string type matter much to him. thanks

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ardi coming to canada

i personally havent met ardy, yet, so it was my guess on his yonex non-sponsorship. I'm sure yonex canada would love to sponsor ardy when he arrive in my canadian hometown sometime 2001. It's only a short drive to yonex HQ.