Newbie here, need some help on first stringing machine purchase

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Andy Ngo, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Andy Ngo

Andy Ngo New Member

Hi guys,

I am new to the badminton sport and stringing racquets have caught my attention. We have a badminton club at my college and hope to pick up this new skill to help my fellow mates in the club. I found this Gamma Progression II 602 machine locally and the seller is selling it for 300 USD. Everything in the pics is included with the purchase.

I was wondering if this would be a good purchase for a newbie and if I need anything extra to start stringing some badminton racquets.

Any tips/tricks would be awesome!

Attached Files:

2. Waltermark

Waltermark New Member

Gamma progression II is one of the best machine I can also recommend for starter. I’ve one I’m using and it’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Be careful, this is the version without fixed clamps and the flying clamps that come with it appear to be tennis versions. Buying a set of Yonex flying clamps would be an easy and cheap fix there though. The Progression II with fixed clamps is a great machine, no doubt about that.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend spending 300 USD for a machine without fixed clamps. Especially if you are planning so start stringing for your club as well. But I guess it comes down to budget in the end.

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'd go further and say that six points and fixed clamps are a minimum if you are going to be stringing for others.

Two-pointers with flying clamps are, IMO, for those stringing only their own rackets, at low tension.

ucantseeme likes this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The machine in question from the OP is at least a 6-pointer. But looking at the pictures, it seems as if the badminton sleeves for the side supports are also missing. So that' another thing to consider in case OP is going for it.