New string broke on the first session

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by AreYouEvenMad, Jan 11, 2023.

1. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

I got my new Astrox 100ZZ restrung with the Exbolt 65 at around 24lbs/11kg. However, the string broke immediately, one hour into my first training session with the new string :( We actually did quite a lot of shadow badminton on that day, so it probably didn't last more than like 200 shots..

What surprises me even more, is that I actually saw some damage on the string before it broke. Therefore I can tell, where the string snapped: It was around 8 o'clock heightwise and pretty much in the center of the racket. I know this may not be the exact sweet spot, but I wouldn't consider a shot from this area a complete mishit either.

So my question is: Do you think it was my fault or could it be that there was something wrong with the stringing job or the string itself? Usually I would always blame myself and I know that the guy who strung the racket is a great guy with a **** ton of experience in stringing rackets. But on the other side, the way how it happened still surprises me. And it's not like 24lbs is a crazy high tension.. it was my first time with the Exbolt 65 and the first time playing such a thin string (I usually go with BG80) but I can't imagine this made such a huge difference, that the string broke right around the sweet spot after only 1 hour..

What do you guys think?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Difficult to say with only one time it happening.

Will you restring a second time with it? If so, inspect it carefully.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Check ur grommet. Is there broken one?
    Some stringer are just lazy to check or change broken grommet or maybe ur stringer just miss those spot.
    If there was, ask the stringer to change it.
    & If there is to many grommet that are broken, it would be wise to ask replace the whole set, tho it would cost you some more but it protect both ur racket frame & string.

Gpower likes this.