new shuttlenws folded?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Jan 12, 2000.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    <html>Hi all,<p>i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>concerned,<br>kwun
    </html>

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    <html>There's a report on another page. They are sending their reports to go on the IBF site since IBF have improved their reporting.<p>shame really. enjoyed getting two reports.<p>cheung<p>: Hi all,<p><p>: i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>: concerned,<br>: kwun<p>
    </html>

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    new shuttlenws vs. ibf news

<html>i can't find the other report that you mentioned, but from what i have seen so far, i prefer the more detailed report of new shuttlenws than ibf's more concise report. hope that will change with the new ibf magazine.<p>kwun<p>: There's a report on another page. They are sending their reports to go on the IBF site since IBF have improved their reporting.<p>: shame really. enjoyed getting two reports.<p>: cheung<p>: : Hi all,<p><br>: : i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>: : concerned,<br>: : kwun<p>
    </html>

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Re: ibf news ??Korean open exists

<html>tried to find that report again but it wasn;t around. I'm positive it was there a few days ago and not a figment of my imagination.<p>The IBF news isn;t very good at all. No recent news up.<br>Pretty stupid for an organisation trying to promote badminton worldwide. OK understand if it's a one star tournament but Korean Open is a six star tourney. How many 6* tournaments are there on the calender???<p>It's the same feeling as many yrs ago when I used to get a magazine (inappropriately) called "Badminton Now". Only info on UK players, county tournaments. Almost nothing on International players. Stopped subscribing in the end because the magazine wasn;t worth the money.<p>I hope IBF are reading this.<p>Cheung<p><p>: i can't find the other report that you mentioned, but from what i have seen so far, i prefer the more detailed report of new shuttlenws than ibf's more concise report. hope that will change with the new ibf magazine.<p>: kwun<p>: : There's a report on another page. They are sending their reports to go on the IBF site since IBF have improved their reporting.<p>: : shame really. enjoyed getting two reports.<p>: : cheung<p>: : : Hi all,<p>: <br>: : : i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>: : : concerned,<br>: : : kwun<br>
    </html>

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Re: some results

<html>These are taken from star online.<br>very interesting stuff.<br>The danish men's doubles are knocked out pretty early.<p><p>RESULTS <p> (Malaysian results only) <p> Men's singlesThird round: Ong Ewe Hock bt Dicky Palyama (Ned) 15-8, 15-13; Luo Yigang (Chn)<br> bt Yong Hock Kin 15-6, 15-4; Rashid Sidek bt Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen (Den) 15-10, 7-15, 15-13;<br> Ismail Saman bt Hariyanto Arbi (Ina) 15-7, 15-4; Wong Choon Hann bt Chen Wei (Chn) 1-15, 15-6,<br> 15-13. <p> Men's doublesSecond round: Rosman Razak-Chew Chun Eng bt Martin Lundgaard Hansen-Lars<br> Paaske (Den) 15-10, 13-15, 15-11; Chan Chong Ming-Jeremy Gan bt Michael Sogaard-Jim<br> Laugesen (Den) 15-8, 17-14. <p> Women's doublesSecond round: Yim Kyung-jin-Lee Hyo-jung (Kor) bt Chor Hooi Yee-Ang Li Peng<br> bt 15-11, 15-11. <br>
    </html>

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: some results

<html>and i read that ricky/rexy defeated kim/ha out. was kim/ha having a bad day, or does the more experienced pair of R/R does have an edge?<p>further, Kim/Ha are at their home turf, and from what i remember from old tournaments, the korean crowd is quite hostile towards visitors....<p>kwun<p>: These are taken from star online.<br>: very interesting stuff.<br>: The danish men's doubles are knocked out pretty early.<p><br>: RESULTS <p>: (Malaysian results only) <p>: Men's singlesThird round: Ong Ewe Hock bt Dicky Palyama (Ned) 15-8, 15-13; Luo Yigang (Chn)<br>: bt Yong Hock Kin 15-6, 15-4; Rashid Sidek bt Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen (Den) 15-10, 7-15, 15-13;<br>: Ismail Saman bt Hariyanto Arbi (Ina) 15-7, 15-4; Wong Choon Hann bt Chen Wei (Chn) 1-15, 15-6,<br>: 15-13. <p>: Men's doublesSecond round: Rosman Razak-Chew Chun Eng bt Martin Lundgaard Hansen-Lars<br>: Paaske (Den) 15-10, 13-15, 15-11; Chan Chong Ming-Jeremy Gan bt Michael Sogaard-Jim<br>: Laugesen (Den) 15-8, 17-14. <p>: Women's doublesSecond round: Yim Kyung-jin-Lee Hyo-jung (Kor) bt Chor Hooi Yee-Ang Li Peng<br>: bt 15-11, 15-11. <p>
    </html>

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ibf news

<html>yeah, ibf news tends to be less "real time" as shuttlenws. but now that shuttlenws is gone, we can only rely on ibf. i wonder if there are other online newspaper with as much coverage as star online. i have tried to go through some indonesian online newspaper, there are quite a bit of coverage on the players there (great pics also, i snatched quite a few. :), but a lot of the articles are in indonesian. perhaps someone can translate them for me.... :)<p>also, regarding ibf news. ibf will be publishing an online magazine soon. it is not up yet, but stay tuned, i guess.<p>and of course, there is BadmintonCentral '2000, which is still half done...<p>kwun<p>: tried to find that report again but it wasn;t around. I'm positive it was there a few days ago and not a figment of my imagination.<p>: The IBF news isn;t very good at all. No recent news up.<br>: Pretty stupid for an organisation trying to promote badminton worldwide. OK understand if it's a one star tournament but Korean Open is a six star tourney. How many 6* tournaments are there on the calender???<p>: It's the same feeling as many yrs ago when I used to get a magazine (inappropriately) called "Badminton Now". Only info on UK players, county tournaments. Almost nothing on International players. Stopped subscribing in the end because the magazine wasn;t worth the money.<p>: I hope IBF are reading this.<p>: Cheung<p><br>: : i can't find the other report that you mentioned, but from what i have seen so far, i prefer the more detailed report of new shuttlenws than ibf's more concise report. hope that will change with the new ibf magazine.<p>: : kwun<p>: : : There's a report on another page. They are sending their reports to go on the IBF site since IBF have improved their reporting.<p>: : : shame really. enjoyed getting two reports.<p>: : : cheung<p>: : : : Hi all,<p>: : <br>: : : : i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>: : : : concerned,<br>: : : : kwun<p>
    </html>

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Re: Indonesian papers

<html>Can u send those URL's to me?<p><br>You can try giving the article to a M'sian person to translate since Bahasa Malay and Indonesian are the same language.<br>The accents are different in spoken tongue<p>Cheung<p><p><p>: yeah, ibf news tends to be less "real time" as shuttlenws. but now that shuttlenws is gone, we can only rely on ibf. i wonder if there are other online newspaper with as much coverage as star online. i have tried to go through some indonesian online newspaper, there are quite a bit of coverage on the players there (great pics also, i snatched quite a few. :), but a lot of the articles are in indonesian. perhaps someone can translate them for me.... :)<p>: also, regarding ibf news. ibf will be publishing an online magazine soon. it is not up yet, but stay tuned, i guess.<p>: and of course, there is BadmintonCentral '2000, which is still half done...<p>: kwun<p>: : tried to find that report again but it wasn;t around. I'm positive it was there a few days ago and not a figment of my imagination.<p>: : The IBF news isn;t very good at all. No recent news up.<br>: : Pretty stupid for an organisation trying to promote badminton worldwide. OK understand if it's a one star tournament but Korean Open is a six star tourney. How many 6* tournaments are there on the calender???<p>: : It's the same feeling as many yrs ago when I used to get a magazine (inappropriately) called "Badminton Now". Only info on UK players, county tournaments. Almost nothing on International players. Stopped subscribing in the end because the magazine wasn;t worth the money.<p>: : I hope IBF are reading this.<p>: : Cheung<p>: <br>: : : i can't find the other report that you mentioned, but from what i have seen so far, i prefer the more detailed report of new shuttlenws than ibf's more concise report. hope that will change with the new ibf magazine.<p>: : : kwun<p>: : : : There's a report on another page. They are sending their reports to go on the IBF site since IBF have improved their reporting.<p>: : : : shame really. enjoyed getting two reports.<p>: : : : cheung<p>: : : : : Hi all,<p>: : : <br>: : : : : i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>: : : : : concerned,<br>: : : : : kwun<p>
    </html>

9. Lindsey Bell

Lindsey Bell Guest

<html>Yes, IBF are reading this....<p>As for the Korea Open results, you can blame the tournament organisers for the lack of info.<p>IBF received NO results from Korea until 14/1 - we can't bring you what we don't have, but rest assured, we're as annoyed about it as you all are!
    </html>

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

<html>Great. Thanks for the info. Keeping fans informed is the way to go.<p>Any other updates on stuff like increased media coverage, names of players on shirts etc??<p>Cheung<p><p>: Yes, IBF are reading this....<p>: As for the Korea Open results, you can blame the tournament organisers for the lack of info.<p>: IBF received NO results from Korea until 14/1 - we can't bring you what we don't have, but rest assured, we're as annoyed about it as you all are!<p>
    </html>

11. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    Re: Indonesian papers

<html>: Can u send those URL's to me?<p>: <br>: You can try giving the article to a M'sian person to translate since Bahasa Malay and Indonesian are the same language.<br>: The accents are different in spoken tongue<p>: Cheung<p><p>: : yeah, ibf news tends to be less "real time" as shuttlenws. but now that shuttlenws is gone, we can only rely on ibf. i wonder if there are other online newspaper with as much coverage as star online. i have tried to go through some indonesian online newspaper, there are quite a bit of coverage on the players there (great pics also, i snatched quite a few. :), but a lot of the articles are in indonesian. perhaps someone can translate them for me.... :)<p>: : also, regarding ibf news. ibf will be publishing an online magazine soon. it is not up yet, but stay tuned, i guess.<p>: : and of course, there is BadmintonCentral '2000, which is still half done...<p>: : kwun<p>: : : tried to find that report again but it wasn;t around. I'm positive it was there a few days ago and not a figment of my imagination.<p>: : : The IBF news isn;t very good at all. No recent news up.<br>: : : Pretty stupid for an organisation trying to promote badminton worldwide. OK understand if it's a one star tournament but Korean Open is a six star tourney. How many 6* tournaments are there on the calender???<p>: : : It's the same feeling as many yrs ago when I used to get a magazine (inappropriately) called "Badminton Now". Only info on UK players, county tournaments. Almost nothing on International players. Stopped subscribing in the end because the magazine wasn;t worth the money.<p>: : : I hope IBF are reading this.<p>: : : Cheung<p>: : <br>: : : : i can't find the other report that you mentioned, but from what i have seen so far, i prefer the more detailed report of new shuttlenws than ibf's more concise report. hope that will change with the new ibf magazine.<p>: : : : kwun<p>: : : : : There's a report on another page. They are sending their reports to go on the IBF site since IBF have improved their reporting.<p>: : : : : shame really. enjoyed getting two reports.<p>: : : : : cheung<p>: : : : : : Hi all,<p>: : : : <br>: : : : : : i just went to www.badminton.org to look for some news, and on the news link, it refers to the IBF homepage for further news. does that mean new shuttlenws is gone? or just there aren't any new news for now?<p>: : : : : : concerned,<br>: : : : : : kwun<p>Or perhaps post the URL's? I have Indonesian and Malaysian friends who could translate. I miss the Newshuttlenews also. The K.L.Star articles are great, but they concentrate on Malaysian players. I'm not criticising the Star, I'd just like to find another source of info.<p>thanks,<p>marshall
    </html>

12. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

<html>Funny you should mention that - I've just published a story on that very subject to our new World Badminton Online (www.worldbadminton.net), so you might want to take a look!<p>Lindsey<p>: Great. Thanks for the info. Keeping fans informed is the way to go.<p>: Any other updates on stuff like increased media coverage, names of players on shirts etc??<p>: Cheung<p><br>: : Yes, IBF are reading this....<p>: : As for the Korea Open results, you can blame the tournament organisers for the lack of info.<p>: : IBF received NO results from Korea until 14/1 - we can't bring you what we don't have, but rest assured, we're as annoyed about it as you all are!<p>
    </html>