New Li-Ning "N“ string series | N58, N61, N63, N65, N68, N69, N70

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by s_mair, Oct 12, 2022.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Any updates on the N63? @s_mair

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm afraid it will be another couple of days until I can provide some impressions. Personal stuff got in the way and kept me off court in the past week. :(

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Okay I will wait...hopefully it is before October 2024. ;)

[​IMG]

s_mair likes this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just a quick update after 3 sessions with N63. And I'll make this as simple as possible: It's a thinner N65 with everything that comes with it. I've never been a friend of those ultra-thin strings due to their flimsy hitting feel and so far, I felt like 0.65 mm were the sweet spot for me. However, I really, really like the N63 so far (note: I reduced my usual tension by 0.5 lbs. down to 27 lbs.).

Coating feels identical to the N65 (medium grippy), the hitting feel is medium hard and feels very pleasant in terms of vibrations. It offers a ridiculous amount of repulsion on short swing or tapped shots. Hitting sound is more sharp but still loud and impressive. I feel in control of drop shots from the back court and they feel nicely crisp. You have to be careful with net shots due to its bounciness, but tbh it was not a big deal to get used to it.

Summary so far: I really enjoy playing it and I'm looking forward to using it on club league match day this Saturday. Let's see what it can deliver in terms of durability over the next weeks.

ucantseeme, what07, Raju and 2 others like this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Back from match day and on my third beer right now. Scored a decent three games MD win and got my ass kicked big time in XD. Not that any of this is important, just to give you some background.

I’m not religious but… good Lin Dan almighty, N63 is THE BOMB. Hands down, I’ve just hit some of the hardest smashes, the most crisp drops and the sharpest drives e v e r. And all that without even trying overly hard or sacrificing touch or feel.

Long story short: I love it. I have no idea how long it will last, but this would be worth spending an extra string job just for a single occasion. And for the record, now I’m scared to try N61. Good that I don’t have that one at hand yet.

#125 s_mair, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

...and why on earth does it seem that none of the usual shops are carrying N63 anymore? What is going on there?

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    This sounds very promising. So promising that I pulled the trigger for 2 sets, total: 28,70€. o_O

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Okay, I can’t deny that this is putting some serious pressure on me now. Keep us updated on your findings please! :)

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Don't mind. My pink No.1 reel has only 6 jobs left and before I order a new one I want to know if I stick with No.1 or buy a N63 reel instead. N65 and N68 didn't convinced me, so I don't have high expectations. As always with strings: Trying out is a must and badmintoncentral needs some more reviews. I simply didn't found any cheaper source than the Li-Ning Europe Pharmacy.

10. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

What about for nylon shuttles? Have you tried?

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No plastic shuttles for me, sorry.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

N63 seems to be completely gone from the usual Asian shops. So yeah, no other source than Li-Ning Pharm Inc.

Out of curiosity, what was the point you didn’t like about the N65 being the long term LN1 user that you are?

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Beside the price aspect and availability when you compare No.1 vs N65, I found No.1 overall better. I had the impression to play better with No.1, while the sound of N65 is impressive. I find No.1 has with the softer feel a better touch (for me) and didn't got with the N65 the same quality and control on my sliced drop shots.

The fact that No.1 in pink is always easy to get and matches with the N7II also plays a very tiny role. [​IMG]

#133 ucantseeme, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    s_mair likes this.
  14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    [​IMG]

Got them. Stringing maybe on saturday and review in 2-3 weeks.

Woesi, what07 and s_mair like this.
  15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    [​IMG]

As promised, N63 is strung. As I also discovered on the other Nxx strings this also slightly twist or it comes from the sets (I don't use sets for a few years).

Don't feel as stiff as the other two (N65, N68) on stringing and it feels closer to the No.1 DNA. It's not rough and also stretchs on the pulls close to No.1. If I didn't know I would say it feels like this could be No.3 (never got my hands on).

Sound is crispy clean and feels kinda high and soft instead of metallic. I did it also at 11.5kg like the No.1 and will see how it performs on wednesday. A friend asked me for additional training sessions in upcoming week. He wants the full season streak in 1.MS so bad that we will do 2 vs. 1.

Maybe it's da bomb?

[​IMG]

#135 ucantseeme, Mar 9, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    s_mair likes this.
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I remember having one set to try very early on in my days with No.1. It snapped during the second session with it and I didn't feel the need to repeat that test. :)

17. what07

what07 Regular Member

Would any of the n65 n63 n61 be textured or sticky (both ) similar to zymax strings but feel harder?

Looking for something with similar qualities but just slightly harder feeling and a bit thinner. 64tx was pretty decent but seems a but on the thicker side to me.

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Can’t say anything about a comparison to Zymax strings. It’s been years since I tried ZM62F and ending up not liking it. Haven’t tried the newer Zymaxes at all.

what07 likes this.
  19. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    You sound like an Aerobite appreciator :) I used to like zymax a lot, now mostly AB, and love it.

Back on topic: I ordered N61 a while back so will give it a go soon. I did like LN1 but went off it as AB has better control for me.

what07 likes this.
  20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I always had the feel that Zymax felt thicker than the labelled gauge. Have you tried G-Tone 5? According to my eyes it sits between No.1 and N63 slightly towards N63.

what07 likes this.