New here!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by HelenaKTF, Jun 6, 2004.

1. HelenaKTF

HelenaKTF Regular Member

Nurse
    Am a 27 y o female with major knee problems but many year of pain and 2 major surgeries later still playing (my braces are my best mates:D ). Shows how much I like this game!

I play 4 hrs a week, except when I am working or off invalid:p ... So far all goes well!

Hope to meet some fellow players and make some friends! I play with Yonex (can't tell which one as my rackets are lying in the boot of my car:D ) and plastic shuttles. I have been playing for as long as I can remember, since 10 years we founded a club (recreation) and have now 60+ members (hasn't always been like this:p )!

My dream was to play as a pro, my knees prevented me from doing it... Not saying I ever would have been one:p

That's it for now, hope to meet some new fellow badminton friend here!

Gr33tings!

Helena

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Welcome to BF, Helena.

It's funny, isn't it that we could be so banged out but still come out to play the game. I know one fellow who had surgery on his elbow (racquet arm) and it had to be in a brace for a while. So, instead of resting, he learned how to play with his other arm :D :D :D

One of our BFer (Panhandle) did the same thing when he was injured. I have had many mornings after an intensive evening of badminton, not being able to walk properly (hobble around because of the soreness in the ankles) but by the evening was raring to go play badminton.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have done similarly too.

once when i was in school, i feel down hard on a bike and landed on my wrist. my right wrist has no strength for nearly a week. it was so weak literally i could not hold a racket. well, badminton time came and i took my racket and started rallying with the beginners with my left hand. i sucked at it!

another accident, i fell hard on my bike (again) and got my leg very scratched up. had to go into the ER and get stitched. with a big bandage on my leg i wasn't able to run so i went to the gym and just did driving drill practice...

fanatism to the extreme!

panhandle's story is great! :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh sorry, forgot to say :

welcome Helena!

5. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

ROFLOLs bad Kwun, too enthusiastic to take about your own stories and injuries to even remember to welcome our new member at the first instance ;).

Welcome Helena as you've probably worked out by now your level of commitment to this great sport is not unusual by the standards here, however it's admirable none the less. Can we have a poll Kwun as to how many of us can play with our non-natural hands? Actually I'm sure most of the guys can, how about a poll as to how well we can play with our non-natural hands? ;P

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    It's Young & Wreckless or is it Young & Restless :D

welcome to BF Helena :)

7. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    helo helena

nice to see you here
    i envy all you guys and girls cos you all play badminton LOL i can't play it and i don't even have the time to play LOL
    well *sigh* i better go

talk to you later

8. viver

viver Regular Member

Welcome Helena,
    This is a nice place to meet new friends. Most of people hanging around here are badminton fanatics. You should find a lot of interesting topics around.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Welcome to the big family!

Talking about all the injuries, I think that's nothing new to me. I have injuries on my knees, ankle and wrist as well. Many times, after my intensive weekend schedule (15-20 hrs), I was dragging my legs to walk off court. However, once I stepped on court, suddenly I could run and jump again. :D

10. HelenaKTF

HelenaKTF Regular Member

Nurse
    Lazy Buddy!! Yeah, got the exact same thing! Go moaning to OS that knee hurts like h*ll, but if he asks if I am still playing badminton I always have to admit that i just cannot quit :D