New Fake Yonex Rackets Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Avenger, Feb 12, 2011.

1. FelRisen

FelRisen New Member

Hi, so what is the website to verified whether the code provided to the item is genuine or not? Thanks for sharing.

2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Maybe Yonex should revised a bit how they serial number their rackets. Having 6 numbers only on the cone code can be a bit confusing. Like for example, if rackets manufactured in 25 April 2005 would have something like 250452JP, that means, rackets manufactured in let's say 13 March 2015 would have something like 130356JP, the 5th number being the same right? If they number the latter as 1303156JP, then maybe that'd be a lot easier to know the manufacturing year.

By the way, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned somewhere here already but for those quite new in buying yonex rackets, a simple way to identify a fake racket based on the cone code would be the DD can't be higher than 31, the MM can't be higher than 12.

3. badmintony

Ok so yesterday I thought of writing Yonex Singapore (Sunriseclick) and asked if they could possibly provide a lists of some sort that contain all authentic rackets being distributed by them (at least) especially for those that bear the SP distribution code. Well they sent me this link instead:http://www.sunrisetnt.com/NewFontPages/ProductVerification.aspx Looks good to be honest, I believe it's something what Li-Ning has been doing lately, but I was just wondering what are the chances this system can still be easily replicated by fakers? Any thoughts about this?

Another question I asked customer service was how about the older models that do not or did not bear any coded sticker?

#83 badmintony, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  4. badmintony

How can Yonex just let this slide? I'm wondering if they're even aware that this even exists. And I'm pretty sure this is just one of the so many fakery out there happening nowadays. Kind of shocking to see the quality of workmanship is being impressive, almost looking like the original

Attached Files:

5. druss

druss Regular Member

It's China.... they don't care about patents or trade mark infringement. Do you think that a company from outside China could successfully sue a cloner in China? Do you think that if the "world court" made a decision against a Chinese company that the Chinese Gov't would enforce it? Believe me, cloned badminton rackets are nothing.... think of how many fake handbags come out of China....

6. honfaai

honfaai New Member

just wondering, are these actually fake rackets that manufactures rackets to look like it (eg: only cosmestic) or is these OEMs that have illegally took the blueprints off Yonex's production house to clone them out without permission?

7. badmintony

These guys can't be OEMs as they're carrying the Yonex name and assuming that for some unbelievable circumstances they did manage to steal the blueprints of Yonex and have used exactly their technologies, they can't sell their products that cheap otherwise what's the point of doing so.
    These are clearly just some regular rackets that impressively copied cosmetically the original ones, and unfortunately, Yonex is doing a disservice to us by not keeping these counterfeiters in check.

8. shalvin

shalvin New Member

confirmation on this racket will be helpful if its fake or counterfeit
    my doubts are from that fact that there is no Sunrise hologram sticker on the cone and i have 3 other japan made yonex and each one of them came with the sunrise hologram on the cone. This one has the long strip of holographic authentication strip on the handle which when verified says its genuine but then that sort of strip is there on pretty much anything and everything from yonex . can we completely rely on that or that can be faked.
    do we know from when yonex stopped coming out with sunrise hologram on the cone.

---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex zforce 2
    shaft serial: 7594655
    cone code : 070763ID
    source : AMAZON
    price : US$ 140
    ---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8---

9. badmintony

That hologram sticker on the grip, with a verified code as you said should confirm that your racket is genuine. As of late we haven't heard of any news that this hologram sticker can be faked too, although it looks pretty much easy to do so, unless a system is put in place where only one code can be verified on a one time only basis. As far as I know, higher models bought from Sunriseclick should always have that Sunrise hologram sticker, like your VTZF2, but I'm not sure though if that hologram sticker is only for Sunriseclick/SP distributed rackets. The VT3 LD I bought, which has an SP code have that coded hologram sticker on the grip but doesn't have the Sunriseclick holo sticker maybe because it's mid range. And the Lin Dan Force I bought and distributed in Dubai (UA) doesn't have a coded hologram sticker on the grip nor the Sunriseclick hologram sticker.

10. Badminton Racket Review

Badminton Racket Review Regular Member

11. badmintony

Thanks. Finally, some new and fresh infos on this issue. But how I wish there would be a more comprehensive article on this, covering all the faked YONEX models and the other brands as well. Like in the case of Voltric series, one thing I noticed between a fake and a genuine one ( at least with the ZF2 and VT80) is that the genuine ones have "bulges" on approximately along the 1-2, 5-7 and 10-11 o'clock positions on the head.

12. Badminton Racket Review

Badminton Racket Review Regular Member

Agreed more info would be helpful.

13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Usually fake racket unable to string above 27 tension .