New Badminton club in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by Jazz, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    No problem, you can send me PM here, or send me e-mail direct to jazzlau3@netvigator.com

JAM club look forward to see you later ^_^

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Jazz,

Curious to know how many visitors you have had to your club who came by just because of badmintonforum.

Is it many?

3. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Hum, three so far.

4. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    I'm one of the visitors, and I really had a great time meeting up and playing with other members of Jazz's club :).

5. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Dear Jazz,

It's really very difficult to find places to play Badminton in HK. It's more difficult to find different players too.

If you want to promote your club, it might help to call 2504-8318 to discuss with the HK Badminton Association whether you or how to list your web/contact in their web site so more people from your district can contact you.

Best regards

6. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Hey man, thanks for your suggestion. Running a club is not easy at all, especially for a club like JAM club which I don't prefer to make any profits. But lucky, and thanks for all my members support, JAM club is running smoothly for 2 yrs already :eek:

I never thought to have my club getting any bigger, cause I can't simply handle it, also as you should know the court booking in HK are extremly difficult, therefore I cannot promise more than 14 members to play everytime.

SO far, I have aorund 30 active members, throught out this 2 yrs, there were 80+ in and out. I'm satisfy for that.

How about you? Are you running any club in Hong Kong? Let's share a bit

Jazz :cool:

7. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Jazz, just went to your club's site and took a look. i very much admire your spirit of organizing a club for member to purely enjoy a good game of badminton, seeking no profit and even balancing the book with your own pocket money.

that is the spirit of badminton! i wish your club continued success.

9. Jazz

Jazz Regular Member

Industrial Designer
    Thanks Kwun, yeah, I always think when something I interest turns into business, there is no fun at all (Just like my design job hahahahaha).

To enjoy a good game, and good friends gather on SAT afternoon after hard work, is the best entertainment for us every week. :) Agree?

We recently started to make team shirt too, attemp to build up more team spirit between everyone. I'm so looking forward for that. :D

10. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    I visited your web site. Well done!!!! Wish you every success in enjoying this sports.

Best regards

Red King

11. pete5

pete5 New Member

Hi Jazz

Hi,

I'm Pete from the Philippines, I often go here in Hong Kong in a business trip ... anyway, I was wondering if your group is still active, I play badminton in the Philippines, though I'm just new in the sport ... anyway, i'm interested in dropping by and play badminton with your group. I hope you can still accomodate me ... I'll be here in HK 'til the 16th of October ... you may e-mail me here or at my personal e-mail add ... peter_martinez@engineer.com.

Thanks

Pete

12. princeTT

princeTT Regular Member

General Surgeon
    Hoping to play with you guys

Hi Jazz! I'm wondering if you could accommodate us in your club? My family will be going there 28th to the 31st of Oct. We are going to stay at Holiday Inn. Is your club near the hotel? How do we get there? How much do we have to spend?

13. Shortylink

Shortylink New Member

Richmond Pro Coach
    Umm jazz just wondering even if our age is younger then 20 u think we will b able to here also?? would those ppl still accept games from me at least??

14. neo_Rabbit

neo_Rabbit Regular Member

it's actually cheaper when a student books it... so maybe get your son/daughter to book it for you? it's abt $45 i think for govt courts. if you wanna cut down on costs a bit, maybe get cheaper generic shuttles? try contacting badminton salespeople, and see if you can get non-branded shuttles? some of them are quite long lasting at a reasonable price (around 60?), and if you buy in bulk, they'll give u more discount. check out e78.com.hk (i hv no connections with that store, i jus bought my nano there once), think they have discounts (up to $10 cheaper) if you buy 10 tubes or more i think.