New Ashaway Rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Roughorsmooth, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Roughorsmooth

Roughorsmooth Regular Member

I see there are a couple of new rackets in the Ashaway Phantom series, the Shadow and the Helix. Has anyone had experience of the Shadow specifically?
    Being an older player and prone to shoulder pain on occasion, the 4U, flexible, head-heavy spec interests me. I play with a Voltric LDF, but usually switch to one of my Ashaway Viper rackets after an hour or so. I love the power from LDF, but the 3U weight/ stiff flex seem to catch up with me. I like the Vipers too but power is a little lacking. Hence I wonder if the spec of the Phantom X Shadow might suit?
    Not important, I know, but it's a beauty to look at too... matte finish, nice decals... mmmm!
    I have looked at the X Speed and Fire models too, but both are similar spec to my Vipers, so I'm more interested in trying something completely different.

Here she is

2. Jeremyng90

Jeremyng90 Regular Member

I not sure about Phantom X as Ashway racket is quite rare in my country .... I currently using Phantom 7000 and it's a very user friendly racket to use. It smash well , defend well and very good at drive too ....... the only negative is control seems to be below average maybe due to slightly more flexible shaff.

This is my first Ashway racket and surprisingly it's quite good

BP : 290++ mm
    Flex : Medium
    Weight : 85G
    Shaft : 40T Cabon

3. Astrox88SS

Astrox88SS Regular Member

why not just get the 4u LDF? i use it in doubles its my go to frame. rarely ever get pain in the shoulder or elbow. the gold edition is selling very cheap on e78 and in some malaysian stores