Need help with new racquets to update the old.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Demmnz, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Demmnz

Demmnz New Member

Hi Everyone,
    So I am going to play Badminton again after a 7 year break (a sad long time away from the Game I know),
    I used to play at a high level (A grade) and did well.
    Being 6"2 and quick was always an advantage.
    I do boxing (for good handspeed) and tabletennis when I can as well.
    I go to the gym and bench over 100kg, but keep strength and speed for playing racquet sports.
    I like to play powersmashes , but I am quick up at the net as well and can cut fine drops etc.
    I looked at Yonex's site to try and equate racquets to suit me out of the new models, but it is difficultas there are so many, so I thought that I would ask here.
    My current racquets are old, but still ok.A black Carbonex 15 (REALLLY OLD 1988), A Carbonex 20 and a Carbonex 8 and a Carbonex 21.
    What would best suit me out of todays models?

2. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

I have a friend who 6 foot tall and quick, also like to play power smash. He's using astrox 99 now, and his smashes are really hard to defend. Maybe you can relate.

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you had friend & able to get on to the court, you can borrow some other friend racket. Try to have stroke exchange with it & if allowed, play games with it.
    Then from many different racket you try, you can write down some that you like & get the one you like the most or ask here for something close to it if you want to be different.