Need help to choose between Ti-10 & MP100

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ricky, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I am currently using a Carbonex 20 Power & play mostly doubles. Although I am not a strong player, I prefer to play fast drives and jump smashes. I am looking for a racket that has about the same swingweight as the Carbonex 20 Power but more powerful. From the previous posts, I am more inclined towards the Ti-10 as I understand that it is stiffer and more manueverable than the MP100. But I'm worried cos' a lot of people have complained that it breaks easily (esp. for doubles players). How is the stiffness of MP100 compared to Carbonex 20 Power? Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to demo both first so I kinda have to just buy "blindly".

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    I actually have both rackets. To tell you the truth, I consider the MP100 a little bit slower than the Ti-10. If you want a racket that moves fast and quick, go for the Ti-10. I've played matches in which I would switch rackets when a set is finished. When I swing my MP100, it seems slower than the Ti-10. Then when I swing my Ti-10 in the next set, it's way faster. Just to tell you my views.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Though i haven't tried the MP100, i can honestly say that the Ti-10 is a racket that i feel is too heavy to be fast with.

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've both Ti-10 and MP-100. I personally prefer MP-100 over Ti-10. While both racquets are powerful, I found that it is easier to generate more power with MP-100 (however, please make sure your MP-100 is string properly, mine is strung with BG85 at 24-5 lbs). In addition, MP-100 is less stiff than Ti-10 which I find it more handy in defense or light shots.

For speed, while there may have some differences between these two racquets, both of them are considered as slow in my opinion, they really can't compare with those lighter and flexible racquets (e.g. Ti Swing Power SA/SR).

p.s. According to Yonex, stiffness for MP-100 should be more or less the same as Cab 20 L.

5. Thomas

Thomas Guest

Ric, in your opinion, would T-10 be suitable for doubles (men/mixed)? I play mostly doubles. Currently I'm using Ti-3 which to my opinion is heavy and slow although it can generate powerful smash.