Need advice on Stringing for Yonex Astrox 88s|Plastic Shuttle

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by rwamit, Jun 13, 2018.

1. rwamit

rwamit New Member

Hi Guys,

I play on weekends and would consider myself an intermediate player. We use Yonex Mavis 350 plastic shuttlecocks. I do have Yonex Arcsaber 2i which I am seriously planning to upgrade to.
    Since I mostly play doubles and basically a frontcourt player, after watching reviews, I have planned to zero in on Yonex Astrox 88s.
    Hence, would like to know what string should I go for and the required tension for it. Certainly, I don't want my racquet to break because of string issues. ( Looking for anything other than BG65 as I don't want only durability performance as well reaping the benefits of the 88s).

Also, I would like to be adventurous with my Arcsaber 2i and would like to go for more performance oriented when it comes to string.

Thanks & Regards,
    rwamit

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    BG80 only, hybrid BG80 & Gtone5, hybrid BG80 & Lining No.1,

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

3. rwamit

rwamit New Member

Thanks, mate. Can you recommend tension as well? Also, when you said hybrid BG80 & Gtone5 did you mean Main - BG80, Cross- Gtone5 ?

4. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I am using main BG80 28lbs cross Gtone5 30lbs. You can reduce it if you feel too high.
    Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

5. rwamit

rwamit New Member

thanks, guess I will go for main BG80 23lbs cross Gtone5/No.1(since Gtone might not be available) 24.5lbs. I am not advanced/pro player hence the safer choice :)

6. Blake2004

Blake2004 New Member

Hi
    I have started stringing with a crank machine and use flying clamps. When im stringing at 28lbs and i test it on the stringster app it tells me my tention it 23/24lbs. Can you please help me to find a way of getting accurate stringing tention.
    Thanks Blake