Need advice in choosing a Li-ning racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Yolilo Yoyo, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Yolilo Yoyo

Yolilo Yoyo New Member

Hi everyone, I am an intermediate level player and I want a new racket. I have an opportunity to buy a li-ning racket at a reduced price so I am looking for the right model in this brand. I am a 6ft3 quite strong player and I have strong offensive shots. I used to play with a woods n90ii s-type 3U and I liked it. I am looking for a racket that has powerful shots in the back court and decent net shots and speed. I like a little more weight in the head but I don't want a hammer either. I was looking at the turbocharging 75c and the 3d calibar 900, but I can't seem to find which is best for me or if another model would be better. I know it comes down to the feel of each player, but I would be interested to know ur opinion if u tried any li-ning racket that would interest me ! thanks a lot !

yenyesoh likes this.
  2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Its not easy to suggest racket to others. To many factor/parameter that makes judgement become unclear.
    Even for someone i know well myself, its still not easy to tell if it fit him or not.

But based on your describtion which you dont want a sledge hammer, then put out 75C. Its 3U & head heavy.

3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Would recommend the 3DC 900.
    Definitely less stiff than the normal N90 II and also less head heavy (don't know how it compare to the S-Type).

The feel of the frames on the 3DC series is way more solid and less hollow when compared to the TC series.

The 3DC 900 will feel also less solid than the N90II but is way more comfortable to use (especially when playing fast paced doubles).
    It is also a 4u racket, might be too light for you if you are used to 3u.

But best would be as always to try both rackets on court before buying them

4. Yolilo Yoyo

Yolilo Yoyo New Member

Thanks for the response ! Do you think the 3d calibar 900C would be a good 3U alternative to the regular 3DC 900 ? Did you have the chance to try it ? Thanks a lot

5. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

I owned the 900C and still own and love the 900 as a CP edition.
    The latter one is a balanced, 3u and stiff racket, basically a faster and higher quality version of an Arcsaber 11 but with a slightly hollow feel.

Tried the normal 900 but I wanted a 3u version since all rackets I own are 3u...

Regarding the 900C: If you are looking for the stiffest and most headheavy combination from the new Li Ning lineup, it would probably be the best choice.
    It is very powerful (similar to the N90 II) and it is faster and easier to handle than the specs would suggest.
    I did like it, but sold it since I am most comfortable using slightly headheavy rackets.

The upsides: Great power, reasonable speed/maneuverability, nautiful design (at least in my eyes) and has a max tension of up to 32 lbs/14,5 kg.
    Only downsides for me are the price in most markets and a slightly hollow feel (especially when coming from the usual Yonex Box frame).

6. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

I have used 3D caliber 900 and the racket may look heavy but while playing it does not looks heavy for this characteristics. If u can fish a n9ii try it. This is based on your description.. n9ii is good on defence as well to an extent and quick as well as opposed to its successor tc 75c.

If u wanna looks a little ahead then try the aeronaut 9000c or b definitely a great racket in lining series and it has preserved its earlier name “airstream”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

he said N90ii bro... Not N9ii;)

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  8. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Yeah I saw and did notice it .. I still say if he can try n9ii in the stores it would be good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk