NEED 3U TI10, AND FAST!!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by C-Fu, May 17, 2001.

1. C-Fu

C-Fu Guest

Re: C-Fu

My hair isn't black, I'm not Chinese, and neither are my parents. My ability to speak the language; I've learned through my family's servant, and through all the friends I've met when living in Hong Kong for a few years. I came to this country from the UK.
    Anyways, I'm off to practice, I'm runnig late today. Bye.

Yes, Gwai Lo sick gong gwong dung wah.
    So does ah Cha, and many other people I've met. :)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

Thanks for your clarification. It 's just that i haven't met a non-asian person who could speak gong dung wai so well. There is a joke about a city where i live, "what is the different between calgary and yogurt?"

A: Yogurt has culture.:)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    C-Fu

A badminton friend of mine who came from toronto told me a story about a young player who has the hardest smashes he had ever seen (Jump smashes may i add). I asked my friend was this dude chinese or something and he said nope. I then asked my friend how come i have never heard of him nor seen him play nationally? He told one day he would be but for now he is still getting some extra formal training. In the past, this guy was trained by his dad (like tiger wood). C-Fu, please excuse my ignorance if i mistaken you for someone else. Anyhow, whether this guy is him or not, Canada needs you to put us into the international badminton scene. As a calgarian, i would be very happy to see come over to our national power training center at glencoe club, and SEE YOU SMASH and BREAK THOSE TI-10s.

4. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Cooler, I'll forgive you for your ignorance, real or (much more likely) imagined. ;)

5. Dhitto

Dhitto Guest

Wahh ...

You know guys, when I first read the thread, I was wondering ....

" This guys is either over-exagerating .... or he has arms that put Arnie to shame... "

... Well .. guess I better keep my comments. :)

Seriously, to break a racket without and accidental clashing is quite unthinkable. Much less 2 in a day???

.. My guess is that it was probabaly damaged sometime ago and you did not realise it. And it only broke when you whacked the shuttle way HARD ... It has happened to me a few years ago. When I looked at it, it propagated from a chip I had created from some clash a month before....

... I stay in Singapore. I can put together a decent smash.. but break a racket ?... not in my dreams. I usually go for the accurate smash rather than the POWER one ... It works better for me.

Wow ! This I got to see some day as I fly between Singapore and Cananda at least twice a year. Maybe I'll be able to come by one of these days.

So where are you guys in ? Toronto? Clagary? Vancouver? I've been to Vancouver a few times and Toronto once ... All on business.

6. C-Fu

C-Fu Guest

All I asked for was where I could find some Ti10 3U, spec racquets... roughly G4 size grip.
    I do not break racquets, and it's not a hobby or something fun to do.
    They were never clashed together for any reason, or any other reasons were not mishandled in anyway either.
    I did not hit the ground, and I have not hit the ground with any of my racquets since I was 5 years old.
    Yes, I can play fairly well, and I may or may not have a lot of power.
    That is for my opponent and those viewers to decide.
    I will continue to be a member of OBA, and train hard.

So for the record, they just broke. I've had them since they were released in 1999.
    I am not a racquet breaker, nor should I be represented by such things.
    I would like to meet that player that will one day blast the Canadian presence onto the International badminton scene one day as well.

I do have a sponsorship from Forza, and am extremely delighted with it.
    I realize Yonex is a tough company, that wouldn't really consider a player unless they're top level... whatever they saw in me, well I'm happy that they recognize that skill. I chose Forza, because the company outlook on the sport was much more positive, and pro-active as opposed to the world dominating Yonex.
    Which I do infact love their products.

I just don't prefer to speak too much about my equipment.
    My game is what speaks for me, and I do my talking on court through my play; not by mouth, or comments posted on the websites.
    If anyone would like to visit one day, or if I do infact visit other places I would be delighted to meet you people. That's what sports are about, breaking down barriers; and seeing each other as brothers and sisters rather than enemies.

Until then, I will continue my training; if a few racquets like the ti10 happen to break along the way, so be it. Defective? possibly. Misused? Not a single chance!I will buy more, and if they break, I'll keep buying them for practice purposes. The other international players use the Ti10, and love it. So do I.

7. Dhitto

Dhitto Guest

Ohh .. touchy, touchy there...

sorry if I sounded skeptical, but its just natural if it sounded like the cow jumped over the moon right?

And as I said, I'll keep my comments, which meant I believed you!

Just that its quite unthinkable in the Asian context. Like I said, it could be some un-seen damage and like some of the fellas would like to put it defective goods. we never know unless of course you happen to have a very clear understanding material physics and structural mechanics and able to acertain the problem yourself.

Sports is a wonderful thing, its bond that trenscends all barriers. Just like music.

Hope I did not sound too nasty. Maybe it was the way I worded it , but I really meant it as a casual comment rather than criticism