N90 IV or AxForce 80?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Weijun19750, May 12, 2023.

1. Weijun19750

Weijun19750 New Member

Coming from a Nanoflare 370 Speed

I like to think of myself as a skinny dude with fast smashes, but I do feel that I can definitely smash harder and faster if I had a 3U racket without compromising on return speed on fast rallies.

What are the pros and cons behind choosing either the N90IV or Axforce 80? Am choosing this as I am about the buy either racket from my friend

2. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    if your just gonna buy it from your friend, just schedule a session with him to test out the rackets and get whichever one suits you best

Dlee likes this.
  3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Just like Savage Attack said. Ask your friend if you can have a session or 2 with the rackets.

But keep this in mind

N90IV or 9000B is a 3U racket, even though its even-balance to head-light, after a long session you will feel the weight. It is easy to play with but that's compared to other 3U rackets. Still good racket non the less.

For Axforce 80. It a racket that needed time. You will prob wont like it the first 3-4 days with the racket because it's soooo whippy. It took me 1 week to adjust to the timing and play style (I play badminton every day 2-3 hours a day). If you like flat-fast exchange then 3U version is probably not your choice since you will 100% be a lot slower.

Again, try the racket if possible.

4. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

The N90iv is a great racket although I would check the condition.

Assuming it is the n90iv rather than the 900b (same racket with different names but the n90iv was released first prior to all the name changes) -> it is quite an old racket now

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I really suggest that you try any other 3U racket before deciding to go to 3U. Better yet if u could try the racket u want.

3U are tiring & not everyone cup of tea. Definitely slower especially combined with head heaviness.

Never assume thing but trial & error based on data & number.

pootisfoib likes this.