My take on the TC Final 2008

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by jamesd20, May 18, 2008.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i think he had been all kInd of pressures since the athens OLIMPICS 04..im sure he will learn from his mistakes earlier...
    mabe lin dan will not had a chance to face lcw in the final?:)
    becoz he`s playing in his home ground and surely he wll be under pressure..:)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    well, whether LYB fixes his match or not really come down how much one want to support their own logic. when LD lost the first set 12-21, chinese coaches didnt seem urgent advising LD. When LD lost to PSH on the first set 10-21, practically all the chinese coaches were advising LD, including tang fu. On the 2nd set, LD play the same way against lcw. On the 2nd set against PSH, pace and urgency of LD was increased. Everybody can sings their own tune, i just observe.

#42 cooler, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
  3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Please keep in mind that this is only your subjective observation. ;) It seemed to me LD tried to be faster at the net in the 2nd game.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, i DID SAID it was my observation.
    LD also smahses out, into the net too on easy kills, unusual unforced errors

#44 cooler, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Since when LD always smashes in? :eek: You must have filtered all of LD's previous mistakes out of your memory... :D

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Too bad, this wouldnt happen :p. The decision makers already set target, medal of any colour for OG, and best chance to come from badminton. If dont win a medal, OG compaign this edition = failure. This has been hyped since last year. Like George said, LCW has had this pressure since 2004, by now used to it.
    LCW will still not be the hot favourite for OG, LD will be.

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Of course, of course :p

Maybe LCW shouldn't read newspapers, watch TV, browse online forums or listen to radio (or people) until the 2008 Olympics is over and done with :rolleyes:

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

and ronald susilo will try his best to do his miracles again:p:p:p
    haha...could that happen? lolx

9. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

it was very clear that Lin Dan purposely lost to lee chongwei.
    he din even bothered to prepare well for the lee chongwei game. this was mentioned by the gillian clark.
    furthermore, super dan just played at leisurely pace. most of points won by lee was due to either super dan purposely sent it out, and deliberately moved ever so slowly.

and lee, misbun (and most of us here oso) has fallen into the trap carefully setup by yongbo.
    with pressure build up by malaysian public and media, lee kenot sustain the mental strength and definitely lose easily in early rnds to weak players. (like wat happended in WC KL). den super dan will take clear path to gold.

super dan will unleash new weapons in his arsenal and will peak in Aug to ensure gold for CHN.

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I never thought Lin Dan will risk his pride just to proceed with Yong Bo's master plan

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    He doesnt need extreme privacy.Isolated from community.Who will need that?
    Just support from his people.

Plus wmc.They went public lately and perhaps we'll have another wedding.have a thread 'Who's going?"

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    We must be watching the different video, I didn't hear Gillian Clark mentioned the lost was intentional. Lin Dan was nervous and made a lot of un-force errors but Lin Dan did try to make a come back on Game 2 and was leading at certain stage. A lost is lost and stop finding excuse for Lin Dan, he simply played awful while Chong Wei played close to perfect. quoted by both commentators. Gillian Clarks did wonder the lost may be the carry over from All England where Lin Dan lost to his team mate due to management decision? This were all speculation from her part and was brought out as discussion between her and the male commentator as I recall. Those who have watch the video can correct me if I am wrong, is important not to mis-quote what someone said, in my opinion.

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Han, I don't think pralinescream actually said Gillian Clark said she thought this was the case, just that she mentioned it, as you agreed.

I don't think we are adding anything to this discussion either, We all have a different and as usual with this type of discussion we tend to move to the extreme of our opinion.

After all the thread is about the Final not SF:confused:

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

pralinescream, u should check this thread, it's about LCW vs LD at the TC SF
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55719

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

My suggestion

Those who suggest LD deliberately lost/deliberately move slowly, could you please suggest a match between LD and LCW in the past two years in which you think LD moved normally? Then we can make a comparision right?

16. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

u r the one who misquote pralinescream. i've just said gill clark said lin dan din prepare well for the match. he was involved in sumthg else. she mentioned this quite lotsa time.

how can anybody who follows badminton closely expect the most consistent player in the world for the past 3 years to feel nervous and off-colour when facing one of his closest challenger?? that's a very naive thinking!!

yes, the raging competitive spirit of lin dan was being suppressed by master coach li yongbo. but even the master coach couldn't hold back his charging horse.
    this is clearly evident in TC final after the 1st set against park sung wan. super dan appealed to his coaches dat he begged the coaches to let him destroy park. which he did, in the 2nd and 3rd sets.;)