My stringing video to get your suggestions

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by xsong, Mar 29, 2018.

1. xsong

xsong New Member

ir
    Please find my stringing video, using the machine Technifibre 6000, which I redesigned the clamps plastics to adapt the badminton racket,

Normally, my average time of stringing is around 18 minutes, sometimes up to 20 minutes.

Tension is from 20lbs to 34lbs (once to 36lbs)

I want to have pro's opinions to improve my techniques of stringing.

stradrider likes this.
  2. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

I am just "a guy", not a pro by any means... hope it's ok if I say a few things :p, if I may.

Really like what you are doing. Your smooth and calm yet very efficient stringing style is great. Weaving is smooth and quick.Knots seems to be very good as well, just like "great fathers" of badmintoncentral taught us :). I like a lot the machine also with those fantastic smooth single action clamps. and side supports look fantastic - great job!

Couple of things, not necessary a problem:

Double pulling - personally I would like to see first two mains pulled more somewhere - I think the tension might be lost there and it could be important for the feeling of the string bed and generally in the long run. Double pulling of the last mains probably ok, a lot of people do it, although personally I like to single pull them. First crosses... I couldn't see a problem with the starting knot there but feel it might be over-tightened if single pulled? Don't know... This is one place where I double pull to be sure.

The clamps, although very smooth, have a bit of a backlash. Perhaps it is possible to pull them a bit towards the frame before clamping? So that if there is a little tension on the clamp already before clamping they would stay put without moving when tension released from the puller?... Not sure if it is possible with those single action clamps... Had to do it with the quick action clamps I had before but my current switch action clamps stay put quite well by themselves.

Do you add tension on the crosses? How is the racket shape after stringing - does it keep a good shape?

Hope it was not offensive :rolleyes:, just shooting away my thoughts... :).

xsong likes this.
  3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
  4. xsong

xsong New Member

ir
    I want to thank you at first for the very constructive review.

It really helps me to achieve a better job.

The clamp has a backlash but the next pull will complement this little move as the base is not fixed on the trail.

In my opinion, the double pulling makes less damage to the string. But you are right, I need to pull again each side to have the correct tension.

For the cross, the first 4 and the last three will stay at the same tension as the main ones, the middle ones and the last one will have 10% more than the main's

You are right about the clamp position, I should clamp it closer to the frame as much as possible, the only problem of this technifibre clamp with 6 tooths, sometimes difficult to do this.

I want to thank you a lot for the suggestion. There are some other videos on my channel. Don't hesitate to leave me a feedback. It's very appreciative for me.

5. xsong

xsong New Member

ir
  6. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

Glad if it was helpful! :)

Regarding the clamping close to the frame, you can some times get by by clamping a bit higher towards the top of the clamp teeth (as long as teeth are flat inside all the way to the top, some clamps have diamond insert on the inside that prevents you from clamping higher than the half the height)

7. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    The problem is, you're only putting half the tension through your centre mains because of this. Check the thread I linked.

8. xsong

xsong New Member

ir
    I agree maybe the tension has lost, but with constant pulling, I feel no change of tension. I'll pay attention next time. Thanks a lot.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you already pretty fast. hard to get much faster unless you string tons of rackets every week.

you can probably save 20s or so if you thread the ends of the mains in parallel, like this:

the backlash or setback can be eliminated if you nudge the clamp base before locking it. I have been doing that as my Gamma has similar issue. the result stringjob seems to give a better feel than without doing it. let me see if i can make a video of it.

stradrider likes this.
  10. xsong

xsong New Member

ir
    I change the first main stringing methods after reading the suggestion, and now I can go as quick as 15 minutes per racket, it's my first time to go into 15 minutes with a high quality work.

I will try to upload a new video next time, but in front of camera, I feel a little nervous to speed up to 15 minutes, I should say the technifibre machine is one of the best ones in the world to get quite quality&fast work.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    15 mins is very impressive!