My new Victor C-7030

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by RSX, Apr 14, 2009.

1. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Since I have a shop I got a wholesale price (which I've been asked to keep to myself), but I think the retail would be around $3500 + GST (5%) CAD.

I think the cost is pretty reasonable (comparatively), drawback for some is it is a badminton only machine, but I outsource my tennis jobs so this works well for me.

2. RSX

RSX Regular Member

The brake can be set to 2 modes, 1 is auto so the machine will automatically engage the brake when you tension and disengage once you release the tension (after clamping).

The second setting is manual, in this case you can use a button to control the brake.

I generally weave multiple crosses at a time, so to setting the brake on each cross is kind of a nuisance (i.e. brake, weave cross, release brake & turn to the other side, brake, weave etc.)

Also I like the autobrake when tensioning, without the brake, if the turntable is not at the right angle, when tensioning the turntable will be moved and then it sort of rocks back and forth (maybe not a good description).

I think it's just a matter of finding a system that works well. I've had my previous machine for many years, so old habbit die hard.

3. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Far from a master unlike you :cool:

I've got quite the backlog of racquets since I spent so much time fiddling with the new machine, so I've got to catch up. Will try that on one of my spare racquets and report back when I get a chance.

4. RSX

RSX Regular Member

1) Yes, I did loop the string around the drum (most of the time, also tried it without the drum i.e. directly into the gripper for a few pulls)

2) Yes that is an option, but I usually weave multiple crosses at a time, so to do that I would have to move back and forth from side to side. However, pre-weaving may not be ideal with this machine, since you need more string to loop over the drum, and it may end up being more efficient to just weave one at a time. Will update back once I have strung more racquets.

I was already broke before the machine (courtesy of my wife, daughter and all the shuttle orders I have to pre-pay for ;) )

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

What? you have to buy a diamond ring to get an excuse for the new machine? Did you get your daughter a new computer so she will not bother you while you stringing?:D

6. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Not that the wholesale price matters to me or most other people on BCF because we don't own shops anyway. Thanks for letting me now the price anyway, I couldn't find it on the internet.

The only thing I would say is, despite the Victor machine being good value, Prince's high end machine is similarly priced and comes with lots of string. I've no idea if it's any good for badminton stringing or not.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

thanks, seems to be quite a bit cheaper than the yonex machine then.
    now, all that remains is to get a bigger house ....

8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i could, but i'd prefer an electronic, CP machine.
    oh well, maybe next time ...

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    shuttle express + wise head. that's probably the best value unless you are into high volume stringing.

10. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Hey MJ, just wondering, how sensitive is the Constant Pull? Does it repull say after it is off by every 0.1 lbs?

11. silentheart

No, it does not "repull". The tension constantly adjust the force while it is engaged. It will try to stya within +-0.1 lb range during that time.

12. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Yes that is what I ment, sorry for being unclear.

13. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

I argue easy 3 + wise may be the best value. Cost is about the same, mounting is slightly different, but just as good, BUT you get a fixed clamp. Unfortunately you dont get customer service though, silly eagnas.

14. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    And a modified Easy-3 is enough better :D.

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The machine is good for 0.50 lb increment.

16. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The pulling speed is somewhat similar to the Opus but with less speed settings - that means much faster pulling than the WISE even at the slowest setting.

17. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Mounting is so easy!!! No need to adjust the shoulder supports (don't know if this is a good or bad thing). Just align the head and throat and push down those clamps and press down the levers.

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Okay, the string clamps are a bit of a b i t c h. The reason is that they were adjusted at the factory so that the gap is just right for a 0.70 mm string: the jaws were at their widest opening! So, one has to fine tune the gap by turning the knobs and test them a piece of useless string.

19. silentheart

Question. Doesn't the knob click? I thought every 2 click = 0.01mm? Or may be 1?

20. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The knobs barely click. It's like walking in the dark. The safest way is to use a piece of useless string to calibrate the gap of the fixed clamps.