MP100 Muscle Power Frame?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Byro-Nenium, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Re: End of conclusions and discusions

Not fighting, discussing....... ;)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Byro,

oh. about my MP100. friend of mine bought it for me from Pacific in Sembawang. the owner told him that a lot of people learned about the shop from BadmintonCentral!

kwun

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hey, kwun, you should take advantage of that :)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. :)

i believe the owner gave a pretty ok discount. got the MP100 + bg68ti for S$190, which is only US$105!

everyone should just go there and say they know me, and get a discount in return....

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

that a good price. In canada (or badmintonpage.com), mp100 go for 270 cdn$ or 172 US$ with no string.

I thought u might went for a mp70/77 as mp100 might be too stiff for you.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. the MP100 is a bad fit. too stiff and too heavy for me. may be later i will gain more muscles... you're right that the MP77 is a better racket. actually, i really like it. probably the best compromise between power and speed. i got one of those too, a 3U version. that's now my main racket. :)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

was that mp100 2U or 3U. Maybe a 3U mp100 would be better for you. It seem we have similar ability or taste as i have sr900 too. I was thinking getting a ss900 for a bit more power but now a mp77 comes along. I hope yonex canada also bring in the 3U version of mp77.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i demo'ed the MP77 and TiSP-SS together. the MP77 beats it hands down. i haven't compared the 900SS and TiSP-SS, but my guess is they are similar?

the MP77 is a different racket than the SR. while the SR is a head heavy racket, the MP77 is more neutral. the head side is similarly large as the SR, but the SR has a more pronounced Iso shape. the MP77 is also heavier, thus more power. the shaft is also stiffer on the MP77.

i think my power outgrew the SR, i feel that i can't get anymore power out of it. the MP77 is a good step up from that. the MP100 though, is too much for me, i need to go to the weight room more to be able to swing that thing effectively. :)

the mp100 and mp77 are actually quite different rackets. the 77 has a larger head. with more space between strings. the balance and stiffness is also different. how so, i can't tell, just that even swinging them i can tell they are very different.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

thanks kwun, that was a very good review especially a A/B comparison of mp77 vs TiSP-ss. Same comment about my sr900 too. It still an excellent clearing racket for single but i find its shaft too flexible for double. I have been using cab22 for double but i miss the reach of a long racket. Damn, those yonex people is playing game with us, well with me anyway.

You should copy and paste that last post to the product review section for the mp77. Dont want to see a nice review go unnoticed.

too bad the mp77 color scheme is not too exciting to look at. A all glossy black with gold lettering would be nice. I dont think yonex has an all glossy black color racket since the blacken.

10. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I remember the guy there saying that there people from the US going there to buy it..... hm, he was saying something about people advertising on the internet...... could he be among us???

Anyhow, Wins got his at $185 with BG-66 and a free Sintec grip

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. may be i am a simple type of guy, but i like the simple gray + a little red accents color scheme of the MP77. :)

12. Wins

Wins Regular Member

student
    Ya, I can only say that MP100 is the Best !!! At first, i try it with Byron and it is heavy and i can't get use with it and keep changing it with my slim10. When i get home, i practise and slowly get used with it. It is fast and powerful. But all these depend on your style of playing. I decide to put my Slim10 away but i am not selling it. I will take it out when i have compete in my first competition maybe Singapore Junior Badminton Competition. But then i will have 3 or more slim 10.
    I will only use it when i have enough to break(hehehe), but now i am using MP100.
    As for Kwun and cooler, different ppl have diff taste of play and racquet. Kwun, where you come from?? Indonesia, Singapore, Uk or Malaysia??? Whats ur ICQ number??

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    USA lah.