MP100, MP77 and AT700 users....what is ur opinion???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Fusion_M8, Jan 26, 2004.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    For attacking players who like to smash really hard and with precision, their racquet must have racquet construction dimensions geared for the job. The racquet must have more whip from a less rigid shaft of between 8.0 to 8.5 (for defensive players it is a more rigid 8.5 to 9.0); it must be longer at 675mm compared with the standard 665mm; and it must have a balance point greater than 295mm compared to the less than 290mm for defensive play. The balance point is from the point in the shaft that balances the racquet and the handle end. The AT700 fits this criteria to a tee.
    The Ti-10 is not in the same class as the AT700. I retired my Ti-10 when the MP100 came along. I have since retired my two MP100 to make way for two MP99 and one AT700. The AT700 also smashes much harder than the MP99 and with better precision.
    You will notice that the top pros are taking to the AT700 gradually. Taufit of Indonesia uses an AT700 4U for lightning reflexes and smashes, I believe.
    But, if you find the AT700 not to your liking, then the MP99 is an excellent choice. Since you have the MP99, I wouldn't recommend the Ti-10.

2. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    Try a squash racket with badminton strings. Don't laugh. It does work. I have seen it.

3. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hi mate!

I don't know why but I played with 3U AT700 and its very flexible. However, the flexibility doesn't seem to make it lose precision like other racquet.

AT700 has a good but weird feelings and the exra lenght in the grip seem to add exra power for some reason I can't explain.

Overall I liked the racquet but it cost so much! For the quality/price ratio IMHO (please it's only my personal opinion) I would go for MP-99. First of all, it's a bit cheaper. It can produce almost the same power, it is good for net shots and it looks a lot better!

As for Ti-10, people in this forum seem to like it alot. I've only tried it once and cannot really comment on it. I just remember that it was a bit long and I miss alot of my shots, thats abviously because I didnt have time to get used to it.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I am actually thinking that you will save some string length if you use squash racket :)

(probably will save about 20-25%), and yet, I don't know which machine you will be using to string such a racket.

5. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    Point taken;) , but as a second racket, I cannot justify paying $100 more over the price of the MP77 to get the AT700 :eek:... Its a price increase of 61% over the MP77, I don't think I'll be getting 61% more smashing power or control. Its the Law of Diminishing Returns here....:(

6. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    hhhhmmmm......:p I've got a Wilson HyperHammer 145 in my closet.....:D but I don't think I can survive the ridicule from other players though.....:(

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Tell you what, if you can use that thing and win a singles game, people will treat you differently.:cool:

8. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    Haha...imagine then if I won a squash game with my MP77....:D

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Within 5 shots, your MP77 will become a Yonex BBQ fork.;)

10. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    Without a doubt...I'll be surprised if it even lasted more than one shot!:eek:

11. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

mmm

i ahve cab20ms and mp77 new , i find mp77 very hard and uncomfortable to sue initailly... i now find it light... im damn skinny i tell u... i find mp77 abit unstable compared to ti-10 its like very erratic u cant control its shots properly.. very good for defending and ppushing. cab20ms to me is 1/3 heavier then mp77. For amortec.. i ahven trioed it but tried thsoe clone versions.. i tell u its the easiest to sue for hitting to the back... touch abit and will fly.. great for long rallies.. poor for netplay.. can be trained.

12. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    Re: mmm

ALAMAK!!! :eek: Habis lah.... :( I buy my MP77 already loh....so how??? :confused: Earlier never say....:rolleyes:

Ok...seriously....

:D no worries mate....I've done my research, just wanted to get other opinions and views. Thanks for sharing your experiences anyway...;)

13. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day Fusion,

Enjoy pulling your arm out of your shoulder joint when you excute your first jump smash with the new MP77AS. ;)

14. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    you gotta be kidding?????:eek:

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Re: Re: mmm

This sounds very Malaysian.

16. thermodynamics

thermodynamics Regular Member

student
    indeed,it's Malaysian

yes, it is Malaysian.If translated, it kinda means "oh my god..I'm dead"

17. Fusion_M8

Fusion_M8 Regular Member

I.T/Admin
    Its called "singlish" :D its a dialect(Singaporean english) unique to that region usually shared with Singaporeans and Malaysians.

BTW: ALAMAK equates to mother of god, not oh my god....:p