mp vs ti

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by grgonium, Apr 25, 2003.

1. grgonium

grgonium Regular Member

Student
    ok now no one go freakin out on me here cause i searched for this!!!

I have read all the reviews for the MP55,MP100,TI-7,TI-8.(none for the MP99)
    i cannot decide which of the 4/5 i want. people on the racquet review were always contradicting themselves saying yes its good and no its not...etc. but can someone here give a good comparison between the TI 7&8 (i know they are similar but then again i don't know because people always say two different things) I have to decide because i am going into unOFSAA and need a new racquet (had mp55) cant get the TI-10 because cant find it and 100&99 may be to expensive (same with TI's) but if there is a racquet that stands out from the 4 then i will spend the extra money and get it but if not then i will probably go for the MP55 again and hope it doesnt break (again).

Greatly appreciate it if someone replys.
    Thanks

2. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Assuming that by Ti-7, you mean the older Ti-7 Long (instead of the newer Ti-7 Light), I would say that the Ti-8 feels somewhat stiffer than the Ti-7. Additionally, the Ti-7 is head-light and theremore more manuverable, and I seem to be able to get some better smashes out of it than the Ti-8.

Of course, your mileage will vary since different people have different playing styles and arm strengths.

-Rick

3. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

Ti 8 is better. It gives more solid feel of smashing.

Is the stock of Ti 10 out in Canada? In Hong Kong, you can find Ti 10 in most of the shops which selling badminton rackets. It costs about HK$750 (discounted) which seems not shortage of stock right now.

BTW, will you consider MP-33 (3U G5) in yellow colour? I had tried it and it feels very well and head heavier at about HK$480 each (with BG66 if you prefer). But it is different to find. The one I tried was at the shop in Mongkok, Hong Kong.

I think if you want to select a racket you should asked yourself in which way you want to play? A defensive one but want to try to be offensive? Go for Ti-10/Ti 8 (Head heavier) If you afraid of breaking the racket easy which means you are double guy with limited budget. I suggest to try a lower-end such as MP-33/Ti-5/Cab 21sp which about HK$450. Because the durability of YY rackets are more or less the same in all popular models (except ISO 97/96/95VF). Anything will be broken if you hit it with other object really head. (If it is hard as steel and play for a long time, I think YY will be bankrupted. You may find it in fifteen years before in earlier models such as Cab 8 original with alum. frame.)

Therefore any choice are based on:

1. Budget
    2. Play style / Want to try another style
    3. Single or Double

One last thing is better to concentrate on the game after the purchasing. If you always think about the racket makes you play badly, you may ignore the core thing of the game - to improve of your skill. I saw a Cab 8 (original) defeated Ti-10 guy. Tool is a tool only for maximizing your talent.

^v^

4. Majin Legacy

Majin Legacy Regular Member

UNOFSAA?

What's the difference between UNOFSAA and OFSAA??

5. Phil

Phil Regular Member

Lawyer
    UnOFSAA is an open tournament to high school players who did not go to OFSAA. Some people who are good enough to go to OFSAA but did not have the oppurtunity (private schools, SARS, no convener, etc.) are going to this as well. If you made OFSAA, you should not be entering this competition. I don't know if they keep a list of people who have made it, and will kick out people who did. :D

Phil

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    ahem, let's keep the thread on racquet choice

thanks

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I know one girl who broke 3 Ti8 in a couple of weeks. You may want to consider that in your purchase.

Personally, I think MP55 is quite OK. I got one as well.
    MP100, might be difficult to adapt to at first. Some users say a few months!!

I say budget must be your first consideration. Imagine if you broke a MP100...you'd be broke as well....

#7 Cheung, Apr 27, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2003
  8. txyu

txyu Regular Member

Manager Fitness Facility
    The best thing to do is find someone in your group that has those racquets and ask to hit a few birds with them.

All of us can say "Ti-10 is the best" or "no way...use an MP100" but when you play with it, it sucks and a $50 racquet works wonders for you...

I used Ti7 before...it was great...used Ti-10's...they were great....I was gonna pay $200 for a MP90 or MP100 but then I tried the Winex Might Muscle 100 and loved it and it didn't cost me nearly as much as I would have paid.

What I'm getting at is that I never would have bought the racquet if I hadn't been able to actually try it out first.

I wouldn't really dish out $100+ for something that I might not like. But I'd spend $100+ in a second on something I tried and loved.

Since you have such short period of time to decide, you might as well put all 4 racquets in front of you, close your eyes and then grab one and hope it works for you.

9. n00b

n00b Regular Member

Student
    you can get ti-10 at badmintonchain.com for $105 or at ebay for about 90 dollars