MP 100, MP 77 , Iso 900 SR

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jenny, Apr 20, 2001.

1. jenny

jenny Guest

Hello guys:
    MP 100 - BG 85 22lb
    MP 77 - BG68 Ti 24 lb
    ISO 900- BG 68 Ti 23lb / BG 85 22 lb

Tell me what do u think about above matches.
    Please do give me any suggestions u think is better than above choices.
    ( even better to give me ur preference reasons)

Thanks all of u !!!

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    There are some things you need to consider as well :

- 2U or 3U (not applicable for ISO 900)
    - which ISO 900 are you referring to (there are significant differences)

I think the answer is very subjective. In my opinion, I'll choose MP100 with BG85 at 24 lbs. I've used MP77 (2U) and don't like it too much (quite a lot of people said that it is a good racquet, but it just doesn't fit me - the 2U version is heavy but not as powerful as MP100). For ISO 900, I've only used the SX model so far, it is very stiff and heavy head - it is very good for smash, but not too good for fast defense.

While there are people said that MP100 is stiff, I think it's stiffness is only moderate. It's weight is towards the head, but not as significant as ISO 900 SX. As a result, I can smash very hard with MP100, and at the same time, have above average control and defense (I can't say it is very good for defense, there are racquets perform much better on this area).

I've used both 2U and 3U version of MP100 before - I'll prefer a 3U version with a slightly higher string tension (such as BG85 at 26 lbs).

As I share earlier, I don't find handy for any Yonex Ti strings so far - they are relatively hard and have less repulsion.

3. jenny

jenny Guest

Ricky:
    First of all , thx for ur complete reply . I'm appreciate that :)

OK .. Iso 900 SR is what i am interested at . I heard a lot of ppl say that SX is too stiff. Thererfore, i won't think of that . ( well i might grab it and try in the store)

MP 100 is another racquet i am interested at .. i did have a 3 minutes short try with my friend .It is kinda cool. But too bad i don't have a chance to see those guys again this week coz i am leaving tomo to HK . ( i only see them on Sunday for badminton games).

MP 77 is someone else requested me to purchase .

I am currently using Ti 7 . Before Ti 7 , i was using a racquet which does not has any brand name .. i bought that from Tai Wan ( well i love the colour and it is actually quite nice to use with Titanium wide )
    anyhow, i am not familiar with racquets .. learning now the very last minute, hopefully can catch up so i can grab some nice racquets in HK .
    Thx a lot for ur response.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    jenny,

you'll find the SR to be similar to the Ti-7 (i am assuming you're using the 3U version). they are both light and flexy.

the MP100 imho, is heavy, and unless if you have big muscles, it may not be that suitable for you.

5. jenny

jenny Guest

Kwun:
    Is that right MP 100 is going to be too heavy for me. OK . :)

So do u( or anyone of u ) have any recommandations in racquets that i can look at ?

thx

6. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Why do you look for a new racquet ? You want something more powerful than Ti-7 ? Better control ? Or in general, a much better racquet ?

I think the answer depends on your play style and preferences (e.g. you may want to buy a powerful racquet even you don't have strong enough arm/wrist today - as you may be able to train up yourself someday). Some factors you may consider :

- Offense or defense play style
    - What kinds of shot you play the most
    - Weight of the racquet
    - Stiffness of the racquet

etc.

7. ari

ari Guest

is there much difference in weight for mp100 2U and 3U,i find it heavy for 2U,i feel that it does train up muscles,you mucles ache after playing with it..
    jenny,if u want something powerful,why not consider ti swing,it is stiffer,i think SR would be great. all MPs are heavy,haven't tried the 3U yet..
    Ricky,can u tell me is 3U MPs good enough compared to 2U?

8. Kenny

Kenny Guest

The Ti-10 3U-BG85 22lb is a good alternative you can consider, several top female professionals like Camilla Martin use this racquet. According to Yonex, the weight of a 2U = 90 - 94grams and 3U = 85grams.

9. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    The 3U version of MP100 I've tried is strung with BG80 at 22 lbs, so that I cannot have a very accurate comparison with my MP100 (2U version strung with BG85 at 25 lbs). In general, the weight difference between 3U and 2U is noticeable. Even at 3U, it is still not a light racquet. Overall the 3U and 2U version share the similar characteristics.

Personally I prefer 3U version as I can have faster speed and better control of various shots (because the lighter weight), the loss in power is not that much - unfortunately only 2U version is available at the time when I bought my MP100.