Mizuno jpx LTD, ax88D or N9ii for power smashes and control

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Chathura, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

I am currently using NF700 and I feel it’s lack in power. I enjoy smashing and I would like the racket to be fast enough for the defense.
    Now I have a chance of buying Mizuno LTD at half of the price ($85) from a friend. But I wonder whether N9ii will suit me than LTD or AX 88D. Can someone help me on my decision pls

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Now this is somewhat confusing.
    You said your NF700 lack for power, then you want a racket to be fast enough.

You know... You wont get both power & speed at the same time. Going for more punchier racket definitely would sacrifice your speed. So, how much speed loss would you accept to trade with power offered by other racket is something only you can answer.

You said your friend offer you half price JPX LTD, why not have a test & see if you would accept the shift between speed & power. If you like it, isnt it better than going on uncharted area?

Then N9ii & 88D are both heavier as your NF700 are 4U or maybe 5U (tho 88D also available on 4U) & the balance is higher to. The trick going for heavy racket is you need good strength to swing it around. If you are capable to wishtand the weight, it will be devastating but if not, well... You will smash better with NF700.

3. Chathura

Chathura Regular Member

Thanks for your feedback first, in terms of power how do you rank jpx Ltd , N9ii and AX88D.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

for my background, currently i use TK770. 3U & head heavh (99gr & 304/306 BP with BG66UM+ori grip+plastic+AC102 setup). I play double most of the time & im backcourt bombardier player.

Once i tried my friend 88D 4U. Its good power but if i were offered free or i want to buy 88D, i definitely pick 3U. Doesnt mean 4U is bad but i like heavy feel in my hand & i had the strength for it.

N9ii, only dry swing on shop & never get some action with it on court. Feel good but idk how it perform on court but as n9ii is pretty famous, i think its good. But again a good feel on one person doesnt always feel good on others.

JPX LTD other hand, once im interest on it & read alot of review about it. Coz its more on speed racket than power horse racket, i change my mind. I prefer Thor Hammer rather than Capt America shield or Hawkeye Bow. I destroy my opponent with 1 strong blow rather than rapid atk.