Mizuno Fortius 10Q Review - Comparison VS 3u Fortius Tour

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by foo.tw, Oct 13, 2019.

1. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Fortius 10 Quick (hereafter referred to as 10Q, FT for short) is available for sale in early September, but you can see that there is almost no review because:

1. It is not easy at getting started, even for FT users, there will be a short period of pain.

2. The shaft should be burned-in. Even if played frequently, it will take at least two weeks. It may take a month
    to play occasionally.

First, let's review the characteristics of 3u FT:

1. Ultra repulsive shaft, stiffness between AX99 and AX88D

2. The ability to control the shuttle is about YY middle or high class

3. Pure box, stable, speed is good, there is still a good smash in the middle of the service line and base line

4. The double kickback design of the frame, drive / flat clear / half smash has very good quality

5. 3u swing weight between about 84~87, I bought 86 one

10Q features compared with FT:

1. The thin and hardened shaft (about 6.8mm), the energy sense when hitting the shaft is definitely less than the
    FT thicker shaft. However, it improves the linearity of the elasticity when hitting the shuttle. When hitting the
    shuttle with great force, it can go out faster than FT. At the expense of a little more energy, It achieves a
    sharper, more accurate result. Very much needed to burn-in the shaft.

2. The control reaches the height of Arc11. The Japanese Mizuno models are mainly in the precision leap
    forward.

3. It is not a pure box, it is more inclined to the aerodynamic box like Duora Z Strike, which improves the wind
    resistance. But the stability of hitting the ball is between the windsword and the box, the FT has no critical
    strike zone (the upper half of the fast bounce off zone / under Half shuttle holding zone), 10Q has a quail-
    sized critical strike area in the center of the sweet spot. With the same string, 10Q has smaller and stiffer
    stringbed, even by lower the tension for 1 lb.

4. The double kickback design is as described above, it seems to be canceled, there is no ball holding area, but
    the fast bounce-off area covered whole sweetspot, the shuttle bounce off faster than the FT

5. 10Q only has 4u specifications, but the swing weight is comparable to the FT 3u level (84~87), this time I
    also got 86. As described in #3, the wind resistance is reduced, the actual speed of the racket is faster than
    FT, and I felt that speed should be around 84 swing weight.

10Q actual field performance:

Full smash : Only fast and not heavy, but also about 10% more consumption than FT, the range of easy smash is similar to FT, abnormally fast when critical strike zone are met, need more attention about angle than FT

Half smash / net kill : the speed & angle of catching the ball is better than FT, the shuttle is also faster and more accurate, FT has larger range of catching the ball

Slice smash : faster and faster than FT, it is easier to penetrate the frontcourt, but you need to add more strength.

Drive : There is not much difference with FT, the bottom line and angle control are more accurate. When the high point is caught in front of the net, The diagonal is more deadly than the FT. You can reinforce drives by input more strength at moment of impact.

Blocking : The power of the FT is obviously better, but the speed and accuracy of 10Q makes it easy to meet the point earlier, the arc angle control is more accurate, make me dare to do more extreme plays

Net play : Faster than FT, it is easier to tumble the net/fishing, but the second timing
    deception is not as good as FT.

Clear: 10Q is easier to make the angle and control baseline vertical drop. But, FT excels in power.

Flat Clear: 10Q is faster and more accurate, rarely outside . FT has better power but sometimes outside.

Slice & Drop: precise control, the shuttle speed is also very good, better than FT

(Today, I showed in the air displacement, backhand slice, scared the baby)

Conclusion :

The 10Q is a racket that is more suited for the frontcourt than the FT. At some cost of power and elasticity, it gained some speed and precision. There is a small critical strike zone. If you can use it skillfully, the attack power will be high. But it seems not easy to do so. The user should pay attention to: 1. Burn-in the shaft takes about a month, almost sold it by mistake. 2. I regard the original grommets very bad, I recommended to replace them all right after purchasing.

2. boby

boby Regular Member

it's sounds like a lighter version of FT with a reinforcement (complicated) stiffer shaft and the small critical zone (is it cause by smaller frame or else?)

at the 1st time 10q so tempted me to just buy it due to hendra/ahsan, and im not try yet any mizuno racket. but if the story like ax88d 3u and 4u. the lighter one doesn't work perfectly with me. it was sold and replaced by 8.0sx with enjoyment.

Now... in my short experience the 4U racket will suited me best, when it has a compact frame, HH, and stiff shaft like vtzf2, 8.0sx, FTV (maybe).

#2 boby, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  3. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the detail review! Now waiting for owners of 10P to give their review as well! The biggest issue with 10P/10Q is actually the price slapped on it though.

4. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

10Q is normal sized frame, but the frame is so stiff that feels like a compact frame.
    To be precise, it feels like Duora Z Strike's Aero side.
    So you can imagine, power wise, 10Q is not a beast as the rackets you have.

boby likes this.
  5. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi foo, do you have any news on the new fortius 30 power? Seems like mizuno is advertising it on instagram

6. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Interesting that they are already advertising a new racket a couple months after Fortius 10 release ... Odd strategy

7. Waba

Waba New Member

I talked with Mizuno they said that the Fortius 10 is still the best racket serie is still the best racket for doubles and that the Fortius 30 is aimed at singles.

8. BennDaVinci

BennDaVinci Regular Member

Any fortius 30 power users here? Would like to know what's the difference between the fortius 10 power.

9. Waba

Waba New Member

Fortius 30 power has more control. But the Fortius 10 power is still wat better