Malaysian Open 2008 - Day 3 - Jan 17 - 2nd round

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by george@chongwei, Jan 16, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good for u :eek: Not for us who are struggling to wake up the next morning. Luckily tomorrow is a Saturday, so, I don't have to wake up early :p

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...they were stopped in the SF the Malaysia and Singapore SS, QF in the Korea and Indonesia SS, and R16 (the solitary shock defeat) in the All England. 3 of those losses are to Malaysian pairs and 2 to Korean pairs.

3. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I hope you meant the right time for us on the west coast to get up and sip the coffee since most baddy players are in PST :confused:;)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes...it's all planned..

..it's a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN scenario for all involved:..:cool:
    1) You guys, actually non-American BCers, can stay up & follow the matches, carefree, because next day is Saturday - WIN
    2) We, in the American continent, don't have to stay up with our eyes wide awake tonight, just to follow the match. Instead we can go to sleep & wake up refresh tomorrow morning to enjoy the matches. East coasters have the best time schedule, as they've already awaken by then. - WIN
    3) Players can get a bit extra hrs. of rest/sleep...heck even time to do some shopping - WIN
    4) And last those who work in & around KL can go & watch the tourney after work, without missing much if at all. Even the organizers can do a bit of their own errands/chores/shopping before the main event. Those watching in INA can also follow the tourney, granted they're showing it on telly, together with their family. - WIN
    ;)
    ..yes. And don't forget our buddies north of the border (e.g. madbad, Pete LSD, wood_22_chuck etc.)..cooler and LazyBuddy will be wide awake by then..:p ;)

#1284 ctjcad, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes he beat Chen Jin (3) again to confirm his impressive improvement since the last Singapore Open.

He will find Lee Hyun Il, former World no.1, a hard nut to crack as LHI seems to be recovering well from his 'self-imposed' inaction early last year. Kendrick must believe in his own abilities and tell himself that he is as good as anybody out there! I believe so! ;)

But I'll still root for Kendrick! :)

6. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Can you tell me something about this guy, like age, world ranking, etc. He looks and plays good. But it also deepens my suspicion that win or loss for many matches is just coin-toss, sometime one wins and another time may lose.

7. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    I think you should stop basing KKK/TBH. They simply lost to a better pair yesterday. Both players played their hearts out. KKK was good but TBH was a little off his best. Both JR/LP were very good. I guess any good pair be it CY/FHF or MK/HS would also find it difficult to beat JR/LP yesterday.

You can bash them like Pemuda if they lost because of their FANCY play but they weren't!

8. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

I think most of the KKK/TBH fun in this forum seem asking too much from them: It look to me that - the requirement is either KKK/TBH DO NOT enroll in the tournament, if the enroll in the tournament, they must win.

of course as a fun we want them to win, but NOBODY can win all the time !
    As well as they play their hearts out.......they should gain our support.

9. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    no.........
    no more livescore feeds, they are all going to be way too late for me to stay up........

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

BUT not good for ppl in Australia like Vching & chrisccc, 10.30 pm in Msia is 1.30 am in Sydney, 2.30 am in Melbourne.

AND not good for ppl in Japan, Korea, New Zealand.

AND not good for ppl who work on Sat, most Asians still work on Sat (like me;))

11. eaglehelang

And took them 3 years to reach that 'level' of partnership.
    3 losses to Msia pairs kah? I only remember they lost to KKK/TBH, CTF/LWW.

12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Time did not seem deter you ppl from commenting until the wee hours last night on R2 :rolleyes:

chris@ccc can take a nap before the games, then sleep some after the games :confused:

13. eaglehelang

BUT my productivity today dropped 30%, good thing eagle flying has cruise control.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    chris@ccc will be playing Badminton tonight, Friday 18-Jan-2008

Hahaha... Actually, I will be playing and enjoying my own Badminton games tonight. :):):)

By the time I get to read about what is going on @Malaysia Open SS 2008, I would be 3 hours late... after the start of their games. :eek::eek::eek:

15. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Then go to sleep early. It won't work day after day. Just take a more outsider's view instead of so passionate for your favorite pairs. Win or loss, there're alway next time ;)

I figured you don't need to get up early tomorrow :confused:

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

eaglehelang flying with cruise control !!!

Hi eaglehelang,

Please keep posting what's happening tonight for me and all other members@BC who could not be flying with cruise control like you can. :D:D:D

17. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

You mean eagle flying your ship and making comments for you tonight (does eagle have your password and know the speed you want) :confused::D

18. winnie

winnie Regular Member

from what i see, they feel the heat n pressure from the crowd in the stadium.. the crowd boo at them when they played badly.. thats y we can see that the not that mature boon heong started to feel the pressure n can see that he's very nervous which cost them the match as he keep on making so many unacceptable errors.. mayb if they r not playing in the homeground, they will be able to perform better.. i can sense that they no longer enjoy the feeling of playing with home crowd support..

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Twice were to Koo/Tan. Out of the 10 losses they had last year, an astonishing 6 were attributed to MAS pairs (4 to Koo/Tan and 2 more to Choong/Lee). The remaining losses were 2 to Korean pairs (Jung/Lee in Korea Open and they were the eventual champion; and 1 more to scratch pair in the All England), 1 to Luluk/Alvent (and a further loss at the Kejurnas, which was not included in the official record) and 1 more to Fu/Cai.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Our winnie to cheer loud and hard for CMM/CCE

Hey winnie... It's good that you'll be able to sit in the "players' section" tonight. If anyone boo at CCM/CCE tonight, please hit them for me. :D:D:D