Malaysia Lost In Final

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by harimau malaya, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

“They may never get the chance again. They were so close yet so far,” said Kim Hock.

The statement from Kim Hock was a sad one. They were twice so close and yet...

After the match a chinese reporter said to me:''Wan Wah and Tan Fook are quite popular in China.They may have beaten all world champions and even Olympic champion Ha/Kim many times, but then they couldn't add any big titles to their career.''

Anyway, i think that it is not easy for a player who has been on and off court due to injuries to maintain his standard. But both LWW and CTF manage to maintain their game after so many years. They were in the 4th placing in Sydney Olympic 2000, won some tournaments over the intervening years, and twice AE runner-up.

So, we should continue to support them, respect them, appreciate them and remember them as one of the best doubles pair our country has produced.

P/S: No doubt that Erikssen/Lundgaard are good but i don't think that LWW/CTF were playing to their true ability in the final, just like Kim Hock said. Otherwise, the match would be an exciting one.

#21 Malaysianfan, Jan 23, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  2. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Pretty sure indeed, I was just standing in the back stage with the Malaysian team with Rexy when I overheard him say that to another chinese coach. Their first few mistakes had them that its not as easy as it seems as it was earlier rounds. Perhaps its the pressure for them to perform that had them nervous all over. All their team mates exptected them to give a good fight to the Danes. Kay Bin and Beng Hong was cheering hard for them from the stage seats. And they're just seating behind me.

3. terry

terry Regular Member

Not to forget CheahSoonKit/SooBengKiang...they are my favorite pair too. :)