Macau Open ( October 2-7)

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by huangkwokhau, Sep 8, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I do not think GL/HS likes this draw either.....you do not want to tough opponents so early....well..draw is draw...what can we say...Vita/Butet needs to win more matches to get seeded.....if not...they will meet seeded players in next 2 SS

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I like GL/HS meet vita/natsir in the opening round,It is just like a challenge for them.They cant look down this pair.Vita/natsir are quite strong,hope GL/HS can handle them again N LYB can find new formula for preventing GREAT WALL breaking down.

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design

I like my chances this time..I think INA WD knows how to beat them.......they need to be more patience to finish the points.....good news is that eitehr GL or Vita or Butet still have a lot of energy and fresher....like to see tough matches for both....edge is still on CHN side but I would love to see upset....

4. indra

indra Regular Member

Right from the beginning when I knew that Vita was paired with Lyliana, they would be the WD No. 1 or the dark horse in every tournament...it is only a matter of time...

Although deep down, I am very sure that the INA pair will be able to handle the Chinese pair, my concern is Vita/Lyliana's fitness after playing in two hard tournaments....do they still have the fuel to defeat the mighty Chinese pair?

Vita/Lyliana come in the right time...only a year prior to OG....they still have suffcient tme to perfect their mutual understanding and build up their confidence...At this stage it is not important for them to be No. 1....it is more important for them at this stage to be able to defeat the strongest pair in the WD department...

5. avataar

avataar Regular Member

speaking of tough draws

India's # 1 WS's player Saina Nehwal is drawn against Zhang Ning in rd 1. Tough break for this talented player but good to see her in these GP Gold events.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Vita/Lilyana scalps this year:
    1. Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui (
    2. Du Jing/Yu Yang
    3. Yang Wei/Zhao Tingting (all right, they are being split now)
    4. Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota
    5. Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia
    6. Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung

IF they beat Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing,
    that will mean....7 of out the top 11 ranked players :eek:

I am very sure they WILL BEAT Gail Emms/Donna Kellogg too...so...that will leave Gao Ling/Huang Sui, Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen, and Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen as the potential scalps. IF Gao/Huang were to lose in Macau, that will leave 2 CHN pairs to beat!

Unbelievable...

7. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Is there any live coverage for Macau Open? I search in tournament software, but nothing

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am afraid....there is no LIVE score...........they may update the score on their website........:(:( but I will be there to watch LIVE...:D:D

#88 huangkwokhau, Sep 22, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I hope that it will happen tonight.........

10. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Hau ge thank you. So you will report every single match in Macau, good.....
    Anyway, I still hope one TV station will coverage live SF and Final... I wish.....

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I will be dead if I have to report any single results...:D:D:D

We may have to point 2 or 3 agents here to post for BC.......:D

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    We are proud of our INA tomboys! The only weapon on Earth that can break the Chinese WD Great Wall domination... :)

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I doubt so.. Even they failed to win against a Taiwanese pair.. How can they manage to beat CHN pair consistently :rolleyes:

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

That's our Hau-ge....never dissapoint us...U are the man..:D:D:D

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D
    cant promise too much!!!!:D:D

16. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I agree. Lilyana/Vita always lost in crucial points. They must improve this, or they will always fail against Chinese pairs, since Chinese pairs famous with their determination until the end.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They were leading 13-9 when they lost it today :mad:
    Similar case when facing Gao Ling/Huang Sui last week.

I hope the coach will do something to rectify this problem :cool:

Butet looked lost at the back of the court....:rolleyes:

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    It is SAD :crying::crying: to know the cuties was beaten by the Tomboys :mad::crying::crying:

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Briefly looking at the draw, the hope for a title still rests on Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (3) :cool: Honestly, I will not expect a title from them in Macau (given the exertion and fatigue factor).

R32 vs Q3 -- possibly a MAS junior pair Teo Kok Siang/Vountus Indra Mawan

R16 vs Chien Yu-Hsun/Lin Yu-Lang or Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun -- tricky but should be manageable.

QF vs either Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya or Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda (8) or Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui or Fran Kurniawan/Rendra Wijaya -- interesting quarter, but I think Hendri/Hendra would qualify to the QF. Should be also manageable

SF vs either Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong (2) or Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae (5). KKK/TBH should breeze to the QF, while Jung/Lee have a tricky tie against Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun in the first round and either Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo or Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki in the second round. JJJ/LYD vs KKK/TBH will be an explosive encounter. It will be another thrilling match in the SF against either of this pair.

F vs either Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun (1) or Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (4). Both pairs should breeze through to QF where Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man (7) and Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto (6) are likely to await them. Meanwhile, Choong/Lee have to beat the upcoming INA pair Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan in the first round.

INA's no 3 pair, Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi are unseeded and as always, they get a pretty bad draw :mad: They have a tricky tie against Chan Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How in the first round and then possibly Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man in the second round for a place in the QF.

Meanwhile, Luluk/Alvent face the MAS upcoming pair Khoo Chung Chiat/Abdul Razif Mohd Latif in the first round and either a qualifer or a Thai pair in the second round. They should fulfill their seeding.

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    We shall see.... ;)

Oh, give credit to this Taiwanese pair... they are very good! Loosing to them in rubber sets is not something embarrasing at all... :D