Macau Open FINAL (23rd Aug 2009)

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Chinese Taipei Open 2009' started by george@chongwei, Aug 22, 2009.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hmmm. not a particularly well played match, full of errors

2. whack_d_net

whack_d_net Regular Member

Student
    KKK/TBH is about to become the new WR #1, rite?
    Replacing MK/HS*:p :p

3. rebsinfx

rebsinfx Regular Member

LWW is having nightmare if opponent's serve is in or out

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Bah! What a waste of time. The passion was sadly lacking :mad:

I hope the WD match is better

5. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Go WCH, teach him a lesson

6. SHLAU

SHLAU Regular Member

To be fair, Indonesia was not sending their strongest line up for this tournament. Many players, such as Yulianti, Sony and the top double pair were not there. Conversely, Msia had sent their almost first team line up except for Julia Wong who could not attend due to injuries although I doubt whehter it will make any difference. So it would be an embarssment if Msia did not get something out from this tournament. So nothing to be ashamed for Indonesia team for they had at least one team in the final.:rolleyes:

7. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    can i know the results of all the final matches today?

8. danieL_amiranda

danieL_amiranda Regular Member

9. whack_d_net

whack_d_net Regular Member

Student
    Yeah you're right. Actually.....

Yeah you're right. Actually i already hint that on my previous post :p :p
    I guess we have same opinion here ;) ;)
    Yeah PBSI had decided not to sent their strongest team to Macau and Taipei, only back-up players instead
    Its true, indeed that youngsters can gain some experiences here which useful for their future,
    But hey, i'm just jaded and a bit dissapointed of INA's recent achievements lately :mad: :mad:
    Furthermore, in the end INA (and also MAS) still too much rely on to the veterans, IMO
    But anyway, GPG titles still a glory
    Congratz to CHN and MAS as big winners today
    Hope in Taipei INA's youngsters, Djarum boys and gals and what so called Indie/Pro players can achieve some glory too
    Hehehe :cool: :cool:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The interest for the Finals truly reflects this thread..

..okay, just a few comments from watching a bit of the Finals..

For one, thank goodness i tuned in on time to watch probably the most entertaining match of the Final between Wang YH vs. Jiang YJ. Great come back and great fighting spirit by WYH! After watching the 1st game and the many errors from WYH, i thought JYJ would walk away with the title. But "NO!!" said WYH. The turning pt occurred in the 2nd game when JYJ held an 18-12 lead and i was pretty sure it's "Good night, see you back at the training camp" for WYH. Slowly but surely, with a few luck here and there and a few support from the crowd, WYH crawled her way back and lo and behold she tied the score. It was a tit-for-tat affair from there, but i thought JYJ let the match out of her bag when WYH secured the 2nd game. I had a strong feeling suetyan was feeling all giddy after the 2nd game!!;)
    I must say WYH deserved the win as she fought brilliantly in the 2nd game. After the 1st game and the 1st half of the 2nd game, she played with more patience and grit. On the other hand, JYJ seemed to lose her stamina as the match waned, esp. after that thrilling 2nd game and never seemed to recover her rhythm; it's as if she's always the one being dictated by WYH. It was close in the early part of the 3rd game, but WYH wrested control towards the middle of the 3rd game & ran away with the victory.

I then stayed up for the MD Final but yes, it was not really interesting at all. To be frank, it looked like a practice session out there. Tons of errors, forced and unforced, and barely any interesting rallies. It was nearly unbearable watching the rubber game as it was a near errors galore.

Tried to stay awake to watch LCW vs. WCH's match but my eyes just couldn't stay open..

#50 ctjcad, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

An all-MAS final is as boring as an all-CHN final.

12. cchloh

cchloh Regular Member

architect
    i believe the sport of badminton will be more enjoyed, accepted and well-sponsored if the domination by only few countries in Asia being evaluated , promoted and knowledge-transfered globally. I don't have the best idea how it could happen but frankly, the current trend is not healthy for the sport itself to express and explore its limit.

i personally feel badminton has all the ingredients to be a very exciting and accepted sport by many more people in western world.