LYB's opinion (may imply why CY walkover)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by ye333, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

http://www.badmintoncn.com/News/f/200703/20070305113723.html

Some interesting remarks by LYB: (and my comments)

1. If LD already gets into the Olympics, he can choose to lose to, say, CJ, to improve CJ's points. (Maybe this is why CY instead of LD walked over. The plan is, first LD gets a huge amount of points which would secure his attending the Olympcis, then he can afford to intentionally lose to teammates in earlier rounds. Besides, CY is the least favorite among the four top Chn MSs anyway.)

2. If LD wants (to win the title, etc), he can play very well. (Sounds familiar? LYB has learned somthing from the bad boy...)

3. We considered breaking up YW/ZJW and form new pairs.

4. LHI and LCW would have be stronger if they were in Team China. (Seriously doubt that...)

2. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

1. If LD already gets into the Olympics, he can choose to lose to, say, CJ, to improve CJ's points. (Maybe this is why CY instead of LD walked over. The plan is, first LD gets a huge amount of points which would secure his attending the ...

I thought for Olympics 08, May 07 will be the start for accumulation of points for seedings. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you on point 4. It's just coach talk to make opponent players feel small and to shore up his players' confidence. His indirect antics against LCW indicate otherwise..He needs to boost his players' ego because of CH's absence. The fact that CJ lost to CH in MO07 suggests that CJ has not improved dramatically. CH , in a first tournament , is the gold standard. BCL's probably coming down from his WBC06 peak and LD had his GO 07 adventure ,so his legs probably not as fresh.

4. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    I just simply hated li yong bo.... he talks crap

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Just don't bother about him...You should knew his attitude well from the beginning

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Actually i agreed that LHI and LCW might stronger if they r in the Chinese team. But the question is, they might not even been chosen for the national team due to their small physique (esp LCW).

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, LHI and LCW are already as strong as BCL and CJ (if not a bit stronger when at peak, in the case of LCW). Do you think they will be as strong as LD if they were in the Chinese team?

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yup they might, who knows. But the thing is they might not stand a chance being chosen in the national team. The chinese team choose their players based on their physical built as one of the most important criteria if im not wrong.