looking for modern day Voltric 70?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jayaloha, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jayaloha

jayaloha Regular Member

My good old Voltric 70's are getting old. I'm now/still looking for a replacement. I use the Voltric 70 3U for singles and a 4U for doubles. Which new racket should I buy which is like, or even better than the old Voltric 70? Flexible and slightly heavy head. Looking at Victor, Babolat or Yonex. Thank you!

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    how about another voltric 70. it would be very similar to a voltric 70.

DuckFeet and racketman123 like this.
  3. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    If it aint broke...

If you really want a new racket why not try Voltric 70 e-tune.

4. LightningStrike

LightningStrike New Member

I haven't used voltric 70. But if u r looking for head heavy flex racket for double, I recommend LD force 4u. It's my current go to racket now.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

5. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

The Voltric 70 was my first racquet and been proudly rep'n it ever since i bought back in 2010. However, lately it's been showing symptoms of ageing where grommet holes are showing cracks and I know it's nearing the end of its life :( It had served me well. Recently got a Li-ning n9ii and boy am I impressed! Plays very similarly to the VT70 and I'm not sure if I'm getting lured into this aerodynamic frame marketing, but it sure does feel nimble during quick drives and at the net. It only comes in 3U (my VT70 was 3U too) but it certainly does not feel sluggish for doubles!

#5 Okaharu, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  6. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

The new Yonex Astrox appears to be being adopted by former VT70 professionals e.g. Intanon, so that appears to be the latest offering by Yonex.

A bit pricey I am sure, so there i would look at alternatives in the Victor/lining ranges.

7. jayaloha

jayaloha Regular Member

What would be a Victor alternative? Jetspeed 12?

8. DarkHiatus

JS12 is what I would have suggested, but I'm not well versed in the Victor lineup.

VT70 always felt like an even balance on the heavier side that's not too stiff. I hear the same thing about JS12, but be aware that JS12 has a compact frame which might affect the feel somewhat.

Then again, most racquets have a compact frame now...if you don't mind going a little more head heavy id suggest a yonex Lin Dan Force for a less expensive alternative.

I personally used to use a VT70 and I went to VT80 then ZF2. ZF2 was too heavy so an LDF would have worked better. I liked the ZF2 compact frame though, so opted for the TK9900 instead.

9. jayaloha

jayaloha Regular Member

I also played with the Z Force 2 and I loved that racket, especially the compact head of it, except that it was very head heavy and tiring and slow in doubles. Though I loved the samshing power. So why didnt you buy a Jetspeed 12 yourself but a head heavier TK9900? I want a racket that gives me lots of clearing power, because I need that, but also is suitable for playing doubles and mix. The list which has been recommendend until now is as follows:

Voltric 70 E Tune
    Babolat Ipulse Blast
    Babolat Ipulse Essential
    Voltric Lin Dan Force
    Voltric Astrox
    Voltric 5
    Voltric 7
    Jetspeed 12
    TK9900
    Thruster K15
    Victor Onigiri

I found a second hand Jetspeed 12 in mint condition for €115. But I am not sure which of these rackets is the best in clearing power for singles and is still useable in doubles and mixed also... I now have a Arcsaber 11. i don't have enough power with it for clears and smashes.

#9 jayaloha, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  10. DarkHiatus

ZF2 was a tad too stiff/heavy for me too.

Tk9900 is less strenuous.

I don't mind the doubles thing so much, I'm heavily singles biased.

11. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

You're forgetting that there's also APACS to consider, as they have some really good rackets for almost half the price of Yonex, Victor or Babolat.

12. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Due to the recent popularity and all the good feedback I will throw in the Li Ning N9II
    It is seen as the better js12 in every department. And considering the problems with my Js12 I would support this opinion.

Had mine for about a year now, one week ago I had to get it restrung for the first time and yesterday I found a crack in the frame. First tension was 11.5 kg and the second 11 kg. So no extremes from this side. No clashes, no chips and still..

Right now I am waiting for a response from Victor.

Racket itself was performing good by the way. Easy clears, fast defense (no js10 though) and decent smash speed.

13. badmintony

What's wrong with JS12 and all these QC issues it's been having? I have a JS12 4U and so far I had an issue with its seemingly weak material on the head where it got easily dented on the parts where I believe it's being held while being strung. I agree that it's a good racket but with these kind of QC issues it's having, I'm not sure I'll buy it again.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/victor-jetspeed-12.162729/page-59

justinloong likes this.
  14. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

victor hx 800?

15. jayaloha

jayaloha Regular Member

Actually I'm thinking that the new Astrox 77 might be the modern day VT70? It is head heavy and has a mid flex shaft. It even looks good! I might gonna give that a try...

16. badmintony

Or the Victor Falcon TK

17. Badminton Racket Review

Badminton Racket Review Regular Member

If you dont have enough power then I would recommend looking at the Babolats in the list above