Looking for badminton buddies

Discussion in 'Bintang Badminton Academy' started by chiyc, May 27, 2008.

1. chiyc

chiyc New Member

Hey everyone! So for the people who don’t want to read a lot… I’m looking for people to play badminton with at the Sunnyvale Bintang Badminton location on Thursday evenings (after work sometime I guess). I’m hoping to make this a regular thing.

Now for people who don’t mind reading this short novel, a little about my background. I played badminton back in high school (graduated 96, you do the math. =)) and I haven’t played since then. I truly miss it and I recently discovered (ahh the internet!) Bintang… and it’s in my neck of the woods. Sooo… I’d like to pick it up once again. The problem is simply that I don’t personally know anyone who plays badminton.

As far as my skill level goes, I was seated #1 mixed doubles and #1 mens doubles. I won’t say I’m a beginner, but I will say that an office job has rendered me somewhat slower :( than what I used to be. Hopefully with weekly badminton games, I can get back up to speed in no time!

I guess at this point, I’m really more interested in finding drilling partners to help whip me back into shape since I’ve been out of the badminton loop for such a long time.

Anybody willing to help put me through my paces once again? Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,
    -Chi

:D

2. chiyc

chiyc New Member

ok, I feel a little silly responding to my own post...:) but I'll be hitting up the sunnyvale bintang badminton location tonight (Thursday) after work sometime. I'm estimating around 7ish. I hope to find some free players who wouldn't mind an extra person to play with!

-Chi

3. chiyc

chiyc New Member

Well, I'm going to give it a shot. I'm going to show up today (Thursday) around 7:00pm-ish and hopefully I'll be able to find people to play with. Hope to play some games with you guys there! :D

Thanks,
    -Chi

4. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Maybe I'll see you there tonight.