Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

You got a point there. But I think I got a better idea for that, chrome it!

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I thought the Glanz was his signature racquet?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I thought the glanz was designed for rich old people? Oh wait. ..

4. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student

LOL . I think if he ever has to promote GlanZ or play with it, he might as well retire . ;)

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It is understandable Yonex wants to capitalize on Lin Dan's image and iconic status. That's why they are specially creating an exclusive series for him.

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    This yellow racket reminds me of the old yonex Z slash !

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For me, I'd prefer black, glossy or matte doesn't matter. And the shoes, yellow seems out of place, not matching, again black or white with a streak of colour would be better, classier.

8. sh_shashi1

Student
    http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/VFo...Dan-The-next-tattoo-if-I-win-gold-in-Rio.html

Five-time world champion, five-time All England champion and the first men’s singles player to win back-to-back Olympic gold in badminton, Lin Dan is without argument the greatest badminton player of his generation, perhaps of all time. When he defended his Olympic title at the London 2012 games, and then married long-time partner and former women’s world champion badminton player Xie Xingfang, many thought it would be the last time “Super Dan” would take to the court.
    Yet, despite winning every major title in badminton twice over, the 31-year-old is still hungry for more, and forging a comeback. Last year, after almost seven months off from the game, Lin returned to win the China Masters in April, the Badminton Asia Championships, and the Asian Games, before being denied a wild card entry to defend his world championship title. Lin is still nowhere near his usual invincible form. 2015 remains very much a testing year, one which will decide whether he can reach those heights again—with the Badminton Asia Championships starting from 21 April, and the year’s roster of Superseries and Superseries Premier events, as well as December’s Superseries Finals. He spoke about his comeback in an email interview. Edited excerpts:
    You have played and beaten every one of the greatest players of your generation—Lee Chong Wei, Chen Long. Who has been your fiercest competitor?
    If you play a match, then you got to give it all to beat the opponent; there is nothing like playing against a great or a non-great player. I treat them all as opponents and aim to beat them. I have never considered any player as my competitor, each one of them is good and talented and my job is to beat them.
    It is difficult to single out any one player as I aim to give my best against every single player that I have played so far against. I have admired Taufik Hidayat for being exceptionally talented and Hendrawan for being a great player only because of his hard work and dedication. I have always looked up to them as players.
    Chen Long is a generation younger but he is doing well.
    After winning every major title possible in the game, how do you continue to drive yourself to play at this level, and how long do you think you will continue playing?
    There is no dearth of motivation! Motivation to play better than before. What I have achieved is all in the past and today is a new day. I cannot be satisfied with what I have achieved in life. I am training hard to keep fit and give my best for the Rio Olympics (2016). I will give my best shot at winning the gold for the third time. I am playing now and not thinking of retiring, though after the Rio Olympics I will call it a day.
    At the 2014 Yonex-Sunrise India Open Superseries, you lost to Kidambi Srikanth. Is that a sign of just how well India are doing in badminton?
    Srikanth is the most complete player I have seen so far. He is talented and has all the shots that one can imagine. Consecutive wins have made him confident too. He, though, needs to perform with the same intensity and at the same level for the national team consistently.
    Undoubtedly, India are doing well. Their players, both in the men’s and women’s teams, are in the top 10 and that is a great sign. And now you have the World No.1 in women from India and that is great for world badminton.
    I can’t comment on what they have been doing right but Asia in general has a great talent pool compared to Europeans, and that is why there is a surge of talented and young players emerging from Asia. The Chinese counterparts, on the other hand, with the 21-game format, according to my personal opinion, are facing problems.
    Do Xie Xingfang and you talk a lot about badminton at home, or do you keep that out of your daily life altogether?
    My schedule is so hectic that whatever time I get to be at home is spent well with my family and my wife. I love to eat Chinese and watch Doraemon cartoons. My football skills are pretty good too! I play a quick game with friends when I am home. Barcelona, (Lionel) Messi and (Cristiano) Ronaldo are my favourites.
    You have five tattoos; your Olympic wins, your wife’s name, your initials, one dedicated to your grandmother...plans to get any more?
    Ha ha ha...not yet, but tattoos are like wearing earrings. So you never get bored of having them! Well the next one is surely coming if I win the Olympic gold in Rio.he

9. sh_shashi1

Student
    So glad he singled out taufik for rare talent . :)

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I wonder what he means by saying the 21 game format makes it difficult for Chinese young players

11. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

"Ha ha ha...not yet, but tattoos are like wearing earrings. you never get bored of having them!"

I wonder what he means by tattoos are like wearing earrings. Strange comment from a man to another male interviewer.

12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

We can anticipate something a bit flashy... LD is LD!

13. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

He'll call it a day after Rio? Hmm that doesn't seem to square with his sponsorship rumors that the deal is going to 2020 and beyond.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lets hope that Lin Dan will continue to shine again this year.

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Indeed it is.
    Lin Dan didn't choose any of the design elements.
    Yonex did.

The racquet is supposed to be anonymous (for now).

16. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

The gear looks very nice in this video! The shoes and racket he was wearing in the last few opens look completely different than the ones in this video. Main yellow and secondary black in the recent tournaments, but in this video it is Main black and secondary yellow; which, I think looks way better!

My guess is that he gets LD Edition: Shorts, Shirt, Shoes, 9 racket bag, and tournament bag~

I can't really see much of the racket colorway in the video, but the rest of the gear seems very nice :)

[video=youtube;hITw1SpVJz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hITw1SpVJz4[/video]

Here is also a photo of some of the gear !

CBf5JnKUYAEANpJ.jpg

17. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I really haven't liked any of Yonex's designs as of the past 2 years.
    The limited edition color schemes are quite daring, e.g. pink LCW kit that really looks like something that belongs on a football(soccer) pitch. The light yellow/orange SHB01s that LCW sported for a while.

The black and yellow for Lin Dan is a bit too much for me, but it might be one of those things that grow on you.
    I like that LD is getting his own logo, something that I suspect is specifically made so that he doesn't violate his Li Ning contract on wearing competing brands.

I was really hoping that he'd get something similar to Team Japan's uniform, I really love the team japan designs. The simple navy or pink sleeveless tops just appeal to me.
    (I must confess, I spend in excess of 50 USD per top every year just to make sure I've got the latest team japan tops for the last 4 years :eek: )

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It looks like a Victor MX60

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    lin dan3.jpg lin dan.jpg

Lin dan arriving at Wuhan with his fans greeting him.

20. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Lin dan in today Asia badminton championship

lin dan.jpg

Looks like he change back to his black Zforce 2 again !