Li Yongbo's dilemma

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by AlanY, Apr 26, 2012.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I agree, but in the OG isnt there at least 1 day rest between SF and F? I think the tiring opponent out is less effective in OG

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Not really a tough dilemma if the goal is to grab all 3 medals ;)

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes correct, CBA goal is of course to win all possible medals at OG2012. If we are talking about MS, their goal is 3 medals. By having CJ in the team will surely be beneficial to CBA to increase the possibility of them securing the 3 medals.

Is it possible that by drawing, CL & CJ both at the same halves as LD? or CL & CJ has to be in the separate halves?

4. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I will vote chinese team to send 3 MS instead of 2. The basic rule is that more numbers mean more chances for gold for China. They have to go through early runs. I remembered the gold medal went to least prominent chinese players Ji Sin Peng when the other two more prominent players failed in 2000. The Value of Chen is not obvious when both LEE chong wei and Lin dan reached semifinal. On the other hand If both Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei screws up like in world championship in 2010 , Chen Jin will be more reliable then Chen Long to take Gold. Chen jin actually is quite difficult to beat if he plays his normal game.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the latter

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Alan, do we have a table on the 4 WS players (ie, WYH, WX, WXH, LXR) head-2-head records against non-CHN players in major tournements for the past 3 or 4 years?

By major tournaments, I mean: Uber, Sudirman, WC, AG, All England and SS Finals.

thanks..

#26 pcll99, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

simple answer is, no i haven't (yet).

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's obvious that Wang Yihan, Wang Xin and Li Xuerui are set to represent China, leaving WSX out of contention..

But I hope LYB bear in mind that putting WSX can guarantee a bronze medal (at least/at most) because she can actually advance to the semifinal if she plays a really good game but to win the tournament overall is impossible and out of reach because of her limitations.

9. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

WSX recent lost to Saina & Juliane (& WYH), while LXR won against Saina & Juliane (& WYH) must have been a terrible "knock out punch" and reality check for WSX.
    By resting WYH & WX for India Open 2012, its pretty obvious China "present" choice for 2012 Olympics.
    Barring any injury or lost of form, WSX is out.
    The only sure way for WSX to go to Olympics is to "represent another country" :D:D
    Anyone knows what it the cut-off date to submit badminton names for 2012 Olympic? :)

#29 Jimmy_Goh, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    She cant represent another country! Has tomhave not represented another cntry for 2 yrs before can represent her new cntry.

11. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I am thinking of 2016 Olympics for WSX :D

12. policecop

policecop Regular Member

I can see LCW being relieved that Chen Jin has qualified, as he may now not have to face Chen Long in the semi's, who is more than capable of beating him.

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    He can only be confident to express that relief if he is playing like what he did in Wembley last year.

With this new injury he recovered from and a non-CHinese player finally defeated him after 2 years since Boonsak Ponsana, his confidence and form will take some beating during the Olympics.

His opponents will be more confident to face him and he will expect a very tough fight in each match..

I think it will not be a sail-through for Lee Chong Wei in every match after the Group stage because he wont be replicating the same form back in Wembley..

We will see how Lin Dan performs in Wuhan later...