Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Interesting logo on the racquets - is that new logo for Li Ning or some other brand? From that website, both her and CL were holding racquets with that logo.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm wondering too. It makes no sense for Li-Ning to change their logo, unless they come out with another niche brand.

4. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    aww she's so cute on the pictures posted above :)

5. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

citroen-cars-logo-emblem.jpg

This one perhaps?

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

According to this report http://sports.qq.com/a/20141203/056073.htm, Li Xuerui was examined by the doctor to have a right foot surface fracture (I'm not sure of the medical term) and was put on plaster cast on 17th November for a period of six weeks at least.

Actually she first felt the pain before the CHN Open when she's already arrived at Fuzhou and had to withdraw from the tournament including the following week's HK Open. Now she is forced to skip the Dubai SuperSeries Finals as well. She can only resume comprehensive training next month but meanwhile she insisted on doing some physical exercises to keep fit instead of complete rest. Even after the cast is removed weeks later she will still need a period of time to get back into full systematic training.

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

C'mon guys, you don't recognize Citroen's logo? This company have been around for about 100 years, and is on the CHN team's t-shirt since the last three or four years, it is one of their biggest sponsor

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Working on accuracy is fine, but I hope CJ will not try to model her on his style of play, taking out what is the best in LXR : the will to attack, the impulse to kill, and not grind to death the opponent

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Being forced to skip the last two legs of the SS, namely CHN Open and HK Open, and the year-end Dubai SSF, she stands to lose lots of ranking points. Anyway, that's secondary, I wish her speedy,complete recovery well before the All England in March next year. Take good care and all the very best. JiaYou !

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No wonder LXR was so disappointed at not being able to compete at Fuzhou which was holding the CHN Open after a 28-yr lapse as Fuzhou is also the home of BAYI Team of PLA where she belongs. She vowed to be back the next two years as Fuzhou won the right to organize the CHN Open PSS for three consecutive editions.

I realized that LXR has been playing non-stop in 10 consecutive tournaments since the beginning of the year and if you include the two weeks at Incheon Asian Games, that's equivalent to 12 events (13 if you add in the 2013 SSF) - and in each of them she went the full distance to the finals with several back-to-back championships. The last match she played was with WSX on 26th Oct in the French Open Final where she retired injured in the middle of G2. I suspect she must have gone on to aggravate her injury later during hard training the following couple of weeks. All the cumulative stresses and strains coupled with the period of depression she sank into after the August WC failure have finally taken a toll on her body and mind.

Ironically, it's only when injury struck that she could be allowed to take the much-needed break in order to rejuvenate herself. Missing three successive SS tournaments and taking at least six weeks rest instead of hard training may not be what she hoped for as a top athlete but nevertheless it would do her a lot of good. We should expect to see her competing in the opening SS tournament next year at the All England in Mar'15 and I look forward to seeing a refreshed, recharged and reinvigorated LXR continuing to sweep all before her.

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you have a lot, you can lose a lot:) I think she's got plenty more to spare.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

Ugh, we now know who doesn't watch "Top Gear".

13. naim564

naim564 Regular Member

IT Engineer
    Its Amazing to see how the Chinese women in Badminton are so Fragile.. all the top players are out..
    Xin Wang(out)
    Lin Wang(out)
    XLR (out)
    Jiang Yanjiao (out)
    Yihan Wang(On-off injured)
    Sun Yu (On-off injured)

Comparing to Indian Badminton Players Saina and PV Still playing well no injuries and they have been playing more matches than Chinese players.

The key part here is the Indian Badminton players these days are focusing more on Lower bottom Strength training compared to any other team and hence they are fairing well these days.. go figure!!

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Either you did not read news about indian players or conveniently covering it... saina had been struggling with injuries for quite some time. And sindhu is not an exception. She is struggling with ankle pain and hence the protection. So, your prediction is questionable.

By the by, jiang yanjiao was forced to retire I guess not because of injury.

#894 scorpion1, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

A little learning is a dangerous thing.

If not playing for China, any of those injured Chinese players will be a national champion and represent that country in World Championships for many years, injured or not.

Given the fierce competition in China, if you suffer an injury, you can't afford to heal, to recover properly, as many of your teammates will take your spot and won't give back.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Fragile? Surely you're exaggerating, and considering the kind of intense competition they face both internationally and domestically.

Are you sure Saina and Sindhu play more matches than, say, LXR who had to go the full distance tournament after tournament, often two weeks in a row, unlike, say, Sindhu who had a number of early exits which,incidentally, allowed her to have plenty of rest in between tournaments?

Besides,I believe you're aware that injuries can occur anytime anywhere to anybody regardless how many matches or tournaments they play.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said, I couldn't have put it any better.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right now, I'm more worried about when LXR can be match fit after removing the cast six weeks later as she will need about twice the time, roughly three months, to get back into top form. It won't surprise me if she is a bit raw at the All England March next year, assuming that's her first tournament after injury layoff. We'll see.

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

It is hard to tell the reasons behing injuries, as there are so many types. But it is a fact that the CHN team do beleive in extra-hard physical training.

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

As one of the danish coach said while commenting a match, a Chinese player reaches 10000 hours of training (the number necessay to get to the peak level) at around 20 years, while it is 25 for Danish.

#900 renbo, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014