Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

Coming mainly from a bs12, n7-2 is a beauty, real user friendly, feels good and the head weight kicks in when I need it. Used a rubbish testing string but I think bg80 might do the job!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Maybe i will try n7ii first because actually i have asx77 blue 4u but its too light..maybe i sell it but not many people want 4u blue rather than 4u yellow..anyway thanks ch1k0 for your help..

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Should have gotten a 3U Blue

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Similar feelings.
    But it makes me wonder why some people have said that it's a small sweetspot and harder to use... Was this compared to N9ii...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

5. TigerSmash

Yes that's strange, my view is that i can smash more with n7-2 with less effort than n9-2. I feel n7-2 is better for net and mid court, it's great to charge forward with. Also I feel much at ease with backhand cross court net/clear, something I didn't get so much with n9-2. Don't get me wrong n9-2 does feel like that it produces a little more power, but n7-2 generally is a more even racket in terms of attributes. Apart from singles, i'd personally choose n7-2 for mixed and mens doubles.

6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Just to add my little bit.
    I found my JS12 replacement. Basically a racket that plays similar to JS12, but is a lot easier on my tennis elbow.
    Tried a few mizunos and AX77, and was about to give up in my search.
    One thing to add, I'm not sure if I was having a good day, but the N7ii was giving me sharper angles...
    Anyway, will report back more after a solid run with this racket.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Angles are not influenced by the racket, just by your timing and height of contact with the shuttle, so you probably had a good day ;)

8. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I guess the main thing to take away is the adjustment period between N7ii and JS12 was absolutely zero for me.

9. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

I've been trying to get some answers, but no luck. Can someone compare n7 and n7ii? Overall and head weight and flex?

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

From my experience, the N7 is considerably (head) heavier and much softer than the N7ii.
    N7 was almost the same as the N70, while the N7ii is an entirely different racket.

11. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Okay thanks for the info. I was worried that the n7ii would be really different. Actually then would you be able to compare it with the n9ii? Since that seems like a closer equivalent.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I had both for testing at the same time. Fairly similarly weighted, although the N7ii is a bit stiffer and maybe a tad lighter. Not a big difference between the two overall though, at least compared to the difference between them and the N80ii :D

13. TigerSmash

Oh is it true n7-2 is stiffer? I used n7 when it first came out and found that to feel stiffer than what I thought. The second gen I didn't notice much with the stiffness. Must of grown some muscle then! :D

14. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Maybe you used stiffer rackets since leaving the n7? I got used to the js12 and js10 and the n7 felt really flexible when I started playing with it.

15. TigerSmash

Haha, this is possible, many factors I guess, including age!

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

N7 is a noodle :D

TigerSmash likes this.
  17. Eastfield

Eastfield Regular Member

Would a N7II be a good racket for someone playing around 50/50 singles and doubles? (I know getting one racket for both disciplines isn't ideal)

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

One racket for both disciplines is better than two for both, as you're used to the one more than you could be to two different ones.

ucantseeme likes this.
  19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You tried the N7II Natsir version which is past al-dente like 12 minutes pasta.

I'm not a passioned singles player, so take it with a pinch of salt because my racket choice is biased MD and XD. I played with my N7II singles and didn't get an issue or trouble. I can generate easily power with it and it's easy to use. That the N7II shines more in a fast doubles game than in a singles game is the nature of the racket type. If you are comfortable with even balanced rackets in singles, you don't get a problem. I also agree that one racket for both is better than 2 different ones. TBH if I would play 50% singles I would prefer something with a little big more weight in the head.

Eastfield and swsh like this.
  20. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

How big is or better to say can the variance between two one of a kind li-ning rackets be? I bought myself two brandnew n90's which are my first li-ning rackets. One weighs 1.2 gramm more than the other. The worse/bizarre part is that nearly all of it is in the rackethead. I measured it and the heavier racket has 1.0 gramm more headweight. The balance points are also different. Needless to say i bought two of them because i want a very similar spare racket.
    Should I try to get a replacement or am i too picky?