Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Oh no, never, ever and absolutely not. I'd probably keep this until badminton is no longer a sport:)

Just like many of the other guys out there (like you for one;)) I'm just the ever curious freak trying out any racket that I fancy, and when I can afford it. I read some discussions about this TD and checked out its specs and I thought that since it's an N9II cousin, it might play close to the N9II but with an affordable price, so it could be a perfect backup for the N9II despite it's taken down specs.

But I agree with you that given the differences in some features, the TD's gonna be either an ok enough for me or a total car crash.

2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I was very tempted to do this exact thing with the Force range of rackets from Kawasaki. I started at the bottom F7, which I thought had the same technology as the much more expensive F9, but they upped the carbon from T30 to T40/TXX (can't remember which one). Unfortunately, the racket started giving me elbow pains, so I abandoned that plan.

On a more related note, I've just put an order for N9II from RacquetForce. Currently using N7II, which is great, but I'm wondering if a slightly flexier and head heavier would suit me better.

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Suddenly I have an urge to go out and sweep the remaining examples that says N9ii on the shafts instead of waiting for the disgusting Calibur or whatever 900ABCDEFGWXYZ to come and push these out...

4. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Racquetforce is offering the n9ii at a very good price. I, too, am tempted to order another n9ii.

If after using n7ii and you felt that it didn't click perfectly with you, the n9ii might be a good try. I also have both the n9ii and n7ii, and I didn't click with the n7ii like I did with my beloved n9ii, albeit they are both excellent racquets. Racquets are much like shoes in my opinion, and they either fit perfectly and comfortably or they don't , very subjective.

I hope you find the n9ii to be your cup of tea, and do let us know your feedback on it .

5. Konquerian

I'm glad to know that your n9ii is still your bestest friend in badminton .

After looking at the specs of the 9td and 9tf, I decided that I'll be better off leaving them unexplored, since I'm afriad they might be my car crash .

BTW, how is your stringing machine project coming along?

6. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I think it's a common thing for anyone on these forums to feel that nothing is quite perfect and there's always another better racket out there ;).

I'm also interested in hearing more N7II light stories. I've played a few sessions with windstorm 72 and I was shocked at the amount of power I could generate with it. A high end light racket with all the bells and whistles is very appealing. I would've ordered that too from RacquetForce, but I actually found a decent price in the UK, so going to hold off until I try out the N9II.

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

For me, the price difference between the TD and N isn't that much, maybe at most 20% and this contributed to my decision.
    The Li-ning store on Aliexpress is doing a small sale on the 9/7II TD/TF range, if anyone is interested.

8. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Are you not interested in the Turbocharging 75 variations? I know I'm at least giving the stiffer 75C a shot first.

9. badmintony

I guess many of us are suffering from a form of OCD (Obsessive (racket)Collection Disorder):D

10. badmintony

Correction. Mostest bestest friend forever or MBFF ( oh never mind):p

Stringing machine project might be delayed for some more time. I’ve actually already placed in my Tennisman.de cart one T20 (badminton only), but I haven’t actually decided when to click on the buy button. I thought of buying first the tools in the set-up (awl, cutter, load spreaders, etc) and just watch more stringing videos in the meantime, while waiting for that voice in my head that would finally tell me to nuke my wallet now or never and get that T20:D But really, I’ve been itching to start on this stringing project. What i’m afraid is every time I go online, I find myself browsing again on yet more racket models that might be nice to try and so might end up just buying another racket insteado_O

11. badmintony

Very subjective indeed. Or something like in the sense of what esppy once said not so long ago; rackets are like underwears that come in different sizes. You buy one that you think fits you but you'll end up still not happy, or you buy one but still isn't the right size for you:D:D:D

12. badmintony

Yup. 9II TD for only $107.00 free shipping (at least to where I am):) That's one of the reasons too why I asked about this in this thread.

13. Roy-UK

Roy-UK New Member

Hi all, I've been playing with my n9ii for about 8 hrs now. On the whole, I love it...smashes are very powerful, drive shots can be done to back court and defensively, I've found it quicker than the 3u astrox 77. The only thing I'm struggling with at the moment is when rushing to the front to perform quick net kills. On about 5 occasions last night, I mishit the shuttle on my forehard. Luckily, each time the shuttle managed to get over and the complete unexpectedness of the mishit resulted in us winning the point. I actually hit the top part of the frame each time, and I'm thinking its a result of the racquet flex causing the head of the racquet to not be where I expect it to be. Am not sure if I'm going to overcome this issue, but I love using the racquet so much that I want to work at it. Now, I do have an astrox 88s 3u on order, and I suspect I won't have this same issue as I do with the n9ii, but then I also know I won't get quite the same power as the n9ii. Either way though, I'm very happy I took a chance on Li-Ning and got the n9ii.

14. badmintony

Could either be an adjustment issue with using the racket, something that some players experience or plain miscalculations on your part.
    I doubt that it has something to do with the flex of the racket as N9II's isn't that much flexed as to affect your shot. If it's a frame type or size related, like JS10 or ZF2 for example, having more compact head, that's understandable.

15. Roy-UK

Roy-UK New Member

Ok...I don't tend to have this problem with other rackets, so probably an adjustment issue. If this is something I can adjust to, then the astrox 88s 3u will have to perform extremely well to take its place as my main :) We shall see.

16. badmintony

Good luck on your newly found best friend. And welcome to the dark side:D

17. Konquerian

The t20 machine comes with a set of basic tools, so you don't have to buy them separately. The t20 seems like an excellent machine, since I know s_mair is still very pleased with it, and I'm definitely very happy with my s90 after some minor upgrades. I know you've been thinking about stringing for quite a while. Life is short, badmintony, so just DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!

18. Konquerian

Welcome to the Dark Side, Roy!

I remembered that I had timing issues and many mishits in the first 12 hours that I've spent with my n9ii. But after putting in a bit more time, I got my n9ii fully tamed. So unless the n9ii really doesn't suit you, you just need more time to get those minor hiccups in check.

I have both 3u 88s and 88d. And as impressive as they are, they are still not as good as my beloved n9ii. Playing with the n9ii and playing with the astroxs are like you're in different worlds . It's hard to explain, and it's definitely a personal feeling, but I just think li ning made the n9ii just that good.

Well, that's just me anyway, so it might be a different story with you. I would love to hear your feedback on the n9ii after you spend more time on it. And please do post your feedbacks on the 88s as well, I'm sure our members can use more feedbacks .

The Dark Side has never been this Good!!!

19. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

Dude, I have exactly the same feeling as u man. N9ii is still my much preferred racket than my 3u ax88s :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

20. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Hi all! Just got my very own N9ii ( black pink ) loving it so far ! Especially the powerful smashes..

On a side note, anyone tried ordering rackets from racketforce to Singapore ? Are the delivery prompt ?