Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Have you used BG80P before and liked it? Because I didn't like it and thought it felt numb (on my favorite racket).

2. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Tried it and had similar effect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That's weird. I didn't experience a numb feel with the N9II regardless of the string.

s_mair likes this.
  4. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I've been running BG80P for all my rackets since 3 years ago. I always try BG80 but there's something to it which I can play well with it :(

5. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I might give the GT5 or No.1 a try tonight and see how it goes

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    How odd. Even with my 2 month old No. 1 on the N9II atm. I don't have it feeling numb either..

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

7. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I've done the standard Yonex 2 piece pattern, not sure if the N9II needs a specific pattern?

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    No it shouldn't. If the stringer is competent. Any standard string patterns will work fine.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

9. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I'll give it ago again with another string tonight and write up later in the evening. Thanks :)

10. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

You just need to get used to the n9ii. Coming from a z strike the n9ii does feel very muted. I assume ur js10 has a stiff shaft?

Just used my z strike yesterday and it was like night and day. Unfortunately i woke up today with minor irritation in my elbow. Need to buy a second one

11. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

I've done the 2 piece stringing for all my rackets and I've never encountered a "feel" problem before. So it's a little odd to go on court and find both BG80/P not responsive

12. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Maybe, I've only had 5 hours on it

13. paul27

paul27 Regular Member

I had 2 hours or singles last night strung with BG80 @30lb. Does feel a bit muted as compared to my ZF2. I couldn't get my angles right. Probably because of the extra flex that I'm not yet used to. Thinking of changing the strings to No 3. Thoughts?

14. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

Dont see how strings will affect ur angle. Just keep using it and adjusting ur strokes

15. Apocalic

Apocalic New Member

Hi, can any one compare the N9II with Voltric LD-Force 3U (Rio version), especially the flex and weight distribution? I'm using LD-Force but it is heavy for me in doubles. I can use it for the first 1 or 2 matches then I have to switch to Lining Xiphos X1 (white version, same weight but more flexible and less head heavy)

16. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

If you liked how the racquet plays, maybe try out the 4U version? I had a LDF 3U but find myself using the n9ii more often.
    I'm unsure if it's just my particular one, but of all the 3U racquets I own, the 3U LDF felt the heaviest. Other members at the club I play had commented the same and felt it was rather heavy, preferring the 4U version (though it doesn't pack as much of a punch as the 3U).
    The n9ii definitely feels more nimble and 'light' (might be due to the aerodynamic frame) that I actually mistimed a few of my smashes when I first used it. Both racquets are similar in terms of flex and weight distribution (LDF might be slightly more hh).

Apocalic likes this.
  17. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

So after 3 sessions with 3+ hours each, I would say it is a better racket than my previous one, JS12. I strung my N9ii with BG80 26lbs. From the first few strokes with my friend at the club (lob, drives, and smashes), I already feel it is a faster racket than my JS12. I can feel it is head-heavy, but not too much. Its fast swing (I guess thanks to its aerodynamic frame) helps "reducing" the head-heavy feeling, and that makes it feels like just a balance racket for me. It's stiffness is also slightlyyy less than JS12, which also something I prefer. The impact feeling when the shuttle hits the string bed also feels crisp and sharp, this one definitely gives me better feeling than JS12.

Into the games.
    I haven't got the chance to use this one for singles, as for singles I still use my JS12 for the moment, so all my games that I used my N9ii were doubles games. For smashes, I am not sure which one is harder between the two rackets since they give me different feelings. JS12 feels heavier and meat-ier, while N9ii feels more sharp and crisp. But I do notice my smashes were more accurate with N9ii. For drives, hands down, N9ii is definitely the faster racket, easy comparison. For net, I would say they are more or less the same. Up until now, it looks like I make N9ii the perfect.. but it is not. I find lifting shuttle from the net area to my opponent court feels..weird.. Maybe it was because of me not used to it yet, maybe because I didn't put enough power to my lift, I don't know, but I often found my lifts were not reaching deep enough to the back court. I suspect this is due me still needing further adaptation with the racket, but I didn't have this issue before with my JS12 when I just started using it. But at the same time, I also noticed I made more mis-hit (frame-hit) with my JS12 than my N9ii during fast drives exchange, which means overall I synch'ed my swing timing with N9ii better than with JS12.

Smash: JS12 >= N9ii
    Drive: JS12 < N9ii
    Lob: JS12 < N9ii
    Net: JS12 = N9ii
    Lift: JS12 > N9ii
    Accuracy: JS12 < N9ii
    Feeling: JS12 < N9ii
    Aesthetic: JS12 << N9ii (hands down, the best looking racket I have ever owned. Matt black with blue and purple, pure awesomeness)

For now, I would say N9ii is the better racket for my doubles games. Next week I will start to use my N9ii for my singles games as well.

Some side note: when I just got my yellow JS12, nobody gave me any remarks about it, but within less than 30' since I started using my N9ii, I have 2 friends asking me what racket I was using because they said it looks cool :cool:

-Khamenman-

#397 Khamenman, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Konquerian, eiji and badmintony like this.
  18. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Gave it another go with LN No.1 at 29lbs and man it became so much more responsive!! Loved the smash that the racket could produce compared to the JS10. Not sure at this point in time I can make it my primary racket for next season but I'll have a few more hours with it and try and give a comparison

19. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I haven't tried any of Lining string, but i read good reviews about Lining #1 and #5 (specially #1). A friend gave me Lining #1 pink color as a gift to match it with my N9ii, so I will try #1 probably in 2 months or if the current string (BG80) is snapped. But at the moment I am happy enough with BG80. I tried BG65Ti before and dislike it.

My usual string tension is 27-28 lbs. I use 26 lbs for my N9ii just to "warm-up" the racket since it is its first stringjob :D

20. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Is your JS10 also strung with Lining #1 with 29lbs (as a fair comparison)? What is your primary racket now?

If after I test my N9ii for singles and find it also better than my JS12, then it will be my primary racket replacing my JS12 (and it means I need to buy a second N9ii, probably the Tontowi Ahmad black-bronze version :D:D)

Ps: I'm aware of the limited edition N9ii FHF edition, I just don't think I can get one :(