Li-Ning Info complaint + N90-iv

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadAtGoodminton, Apr 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BadAtGoodminton

BadAtGoodminton New Member

Student
    Firstly, might I say how terribly inconvenient it has been to look for a website (apart from scouring the many (wonderful, also I add cautiously) threads of BC) that can specify all the specs of a Li-Ning racket. Compare it to Yonex's website that lists most of their rackets with a fair bit of info like head-heaviness & stiffness, and even Victor's is okay - Li-ning in comparison is just woeful.

But the apparent saving grace is that some people I have talked to say that their racket quality is at times second to none. And when I was at this shop, I was told the N-90 was one of their crème de la crème, and that I should buy it...

So I am giving my wallet a run for it's (little) money and would like to field this question to you wonderful fellows: how does the N90-IV fare with your other rackets, and also I understand that this is a head heavy option... What about their even balanced rackets? I believe the N99-ii(?) is their even balanced racket - how does it compare?

And one last thing: The N90-iv had a very sexy colorway but I only recall one and it was black, white, and red whereas the N99-ii I believe has so many. How many do they have exactly?

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    N99-ii isn’t a thing, there’s the n9-ii and n99.

The n90-iv is different to the the other 3, it’s more designed around Chen long, so it’s more even/stiff.

BadAtGoodminton likes this.
  3. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    n99 is a good doubles racket. Really fast swing but only shines with high tension.

4. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

5. snowyowlegs

snowyowlegs Regular Member

I agree with @Kokai @Cesium. N99 swing fast and personally its good for doubles. It isn't very head heavy, I would rate it moderately head-heavy. The racket doesn't feel heavy.

6. BadAtGoodminton

Student
    So let me get this straight, in terms of head-heaviness:

The N90-iv is supposed to be the even-balanced racket, whereas the N99 is supposed to be even-balanced as well but actually slightly head heavy?

And my bad on the N99-ii. What about the N9-ii, is it supposed to be head heavy?

Oh and more possibly noob question: All this N9 - 2 variant and N90 - 4 variants... how many NXX - X are there? XD

7. snowyowlegs

snowyowlegs Regular Member

N9II is more flexible and head tiny bit heavier compared to the N99, so I would say both are halfway between even to moderately head heavy.

They aren’t variants but different generations (old to newest). N9 has 2 generations named N9 and N9ii. N90 had 4 generations - N90, N90ii, N90iii and the latest one being N90iv. Each generation an improvement over the previous, with the exception of the N90 family. The N90 family historically has been the head heavy attacking type of rackets but now that has changed.

Saru and BadAtGoodminton like this.
  8. BadAtGoodminton

Student
    Why thank you very much for that info @snowyowlegs ,I really appreciate it. Same goes to all that have replied before you: thanks for contributing to my small wealth of knowledge.

Now I am off to find what are the different N-series, how many are there, and how many generations of each N-series rackets are out there. If someone can provide the answer to this, I would be most appreciative of it.

Oh and back to the N90, specifically the N90-iv (or 4-th gen, ;) )... it's historically been head heavy, but the N90-iv apparently has a b.p of 292mm (info from here). What can I ascertain from that b.p value?

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If you really think that the N99 is a fast frame, you never played a real fast frame. I never experienced such a clumsy frame like the N99. For its specs it is a really slow racket compared to similar types of competitors.

10. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    What is a fast frame then?

11. BadAtGoodminton

Student
    Maybe the N90-iv, since it has those aerodynamic curves on the frame?