Li Ning Hero Shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Charlie-SWUK, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    So the SHB 02 have been the best fitting shoes I've had from Yonex, but it's not the best fit I've had. The best fit I had came from my Li Ning Metal X shoes, but unfortunately, the cushioning and support wasn't exactly what I was looking for long term.

I'm currently looking at the Li Ning Hero III shoes, here: http://www.e1981.com/product-1425.html

I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with these shoes.

So far I've owned:
    Hi-Tek shoes - nothing special in any regards, cheap
    Yonex SC2 - a bit awkward to move in, stumped my toes a lot
    Asics Gel Rockets - Comfortable but narrow and didn't offer great support
    Yonex SC6 - owned for all of two weeks before they gave me massive blisters on the arches of my feet
    Li Ning Metal X shoes - As above, not enough cushioning; support was great but my shins started to get sore
    Yonex SHB 02 - Good fit, stable, reasonably comfortable, but they are a bit loose around the ankles. The ankle fit is the only thing that has given me issue so far, but I have sprained my ankles before and this makes me cautious.

I'm wondering if anyone is able to provide any context for the Hero 3 shoes based on any of the above.

2. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Also considering the Chen Long 2016 LTD shoes.

Further edit:
    So I tried my Li Ning Metal X shoes again, and I definitely found them preferable to the Yonex SHB 02. It's the shape of the sole, I find these high heel badminton shoes really difficult to move in.

The flatter the sole is, the easier time I'm having moving.

But I still want a good amount of protection for my legs and ankles. Luckily I only weigh 65kg, otherwise I think my legs would be very sore. Does anyone have any recommendations based on that? This is why I was considering the Hero (original) LD shoes, because it looks like it has a flat sole.

#2 Charlie-SWUK, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  3. phorge

phorge Regular Member

4. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    The 7.1 look like they have better contact, but the heel looks quite high still. The feather look like they have less contact, but a lower heel. Have you had the chance to try either of these?

5. phorge

phorge Regular Member

6. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    So apparently the feather shoes deform and go gross quite quickly. Looks like I'll be looking at the QF 7/7.1 - don't know if @kwun wants to chip in here, I know he's had experience with Adidas products.

7. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Sorry to bump my own thread again... Not sure if anyone can answer:
    1) What's the difference between the 2012 and 2014 models?
    2) Anyone know a place to get either model? E1981 are really, really expensive at $190.

8. Billiebob

Billiebob Regular Member

Hey, I've tried to Adidas quickforce 7.0 and are the best shoes I've had to date!!!!

I find Yonex don't last long enough, Victor lose their grip too quickly. Adidas are a great alternative. The 7.0 offer the most protection/cushioning I've had in a shoe, I'm more than likely going to get the jazzy bee-design 7.1's later this month.

I'd love to get a pair of Yonex aero's, as the design is beautiful, however from previous experience I just know they'll last 6 months and something will go! Unless someone can say in the last 2 years the quality has really come on?

I don't know whether it's just me or Adidas shoes are the only ones who maintain a great grip on all court surfaces for longer than a 12 month period.

9. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Wow Billiebob they're that good? Do you know what differences they might have from the 7.1?

10. Billiebob

Billiebob Regular Member

To be honest I'm not too sure what the differences are. I'm surprised they even brought out a new range of shoes considering they seem to be halting on the badminton front (which is a massive shame, I use precision 88's)

The 7.0's are discounted at the moment if they have your size, however the colour scheme of the new shoes are great. I originally wanted to try to lighter range Adizero feather but they didn't have my size at the time. I want to still try them but am so happy with the quickforce I'd rather get a new pair of what I know to be good! They obviously can't compare in terms of weight etc to the upper yonex/victor models but cushioning and comfort are way better because of it.

11. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Well, how heavy are they? My SHB 02 weigh around 375g a piece.

What's the fit like on them? My SHB 02 were an 8.5, but my Li Ning were an 8.

12. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Also I can't find anywhere good to buy a pair, only the Adidas website at £95. Shame because everywhere else has them at ~£60, just not in my size.

13. Billiebob

Billiebob Regular Member

That's a shame! I think I'm in the same boat, looking for 8's. I was lucky enough to get my first pair on the discounted rates. I think the new shoes were set to out a lot earlier as I saw pictures on Central sports pre Xmas 2015 but saying unavailable.

Although if you use the adidias website for the first time you get 10/15% off so shoes come in around £85 ish

Very good for top of the range shoe compared to £100+ for Yonex/Victor

14. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Oh you do? I didn't know that.

I'm quite tempted. My SHB02 are giving me shin splints.

15. Billiebob

Billiebob Regular Member

Did you have the standard or the Lin Dan version? They're under £100 at the moment

16. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Standard version. I think I found my problem with YY shoes though - the thin soles allowed sweat to soak into the base of the shoe, ruining the cushioning.

17. Billiebob

Billiebob Regular Member

If I've ever had a problem with footwear, it's been that the soles do not last/lose their grip. I've tried everything from scrubbing them to bringing a wet towel to court, nothing works! Shame to hear you have the same problems with Yonex, I was quite tempted with the Aero's

18. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    So err, just an update on that note, I can actually feel the groove the ball of my foot has made in the toe section of my SHB 02s. Given I only weigh 64kg, this is quite concerning.

19. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

Some people wouldn't see that as a negative ^

All shoes naturally take the shape of the foot over time. If you really want to get that brand new feeling again then replace the insoles. The shoe itself will be fine.

It honestly happens with every sole and every shoe from every company, because the materials used are predominantly the same. The advantage of high end Yonex shoes are that they last a looong time.

20. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    The insole I understand, but the base of the shoe? I don't want the base of the shoe to change shape to my foot, really.