Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student

ya.. i agree wif u....so,we as a malaysian should support him whatever happen...:cool:

2. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well, he is indeed a good player and i will still support him..What i want to say to him is don't give up easily and i believe he can do well.

3. Trang

Trang Regular Member

I really do hope that he gets even better than now. From what I've seen his personality seems very adorable - it seems like he is a very humble person.
    Btw, what is going on with him right now ? Is he injured? Haven't seen him in the big tournaments for quite some time..

4. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    cmonnnn chong weiiiiiiiiiiiii for AE '07!!!
    i just love his hard work ethic and humble attitude...hope he can pull off a win at a major tournament soon

5. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    i know the commonwealth games are over....but heres my father with lcw

the tshirt lcw is wearing in the pic...he gave to me...i'll upload pic of it later

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei
    Malaysia Open 2007

7. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Latest new from Chong Wei

Chong Wei plays down chances, Hafiz fired up for All-England

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's top two men singles players – Lee Chong Wei and Mohd Hafiz Hashim – both share a dream. They both want to do well at the All-England badminton championships.
    But they are taking different routes down the road to Birmingham. While Chong Wei has chosen to lie low and play down his chances, Hafiz is all gung-ho about it.
    The strange thing is: it's Hafiz who faces the tougher challenge. He has been drawn to meet Asian Games champion Taufik Hidayat in the opening round of the meet from March 6-11.
    The 25-year-old Chong Wei says he does not want to overrate his chances at the US$200,000 tournament.
    [​IMG] Same dream: Hafiz and Chong Wei are taking different routes in their quest for All-England glory.
    “I have been feeling quite down after the first two tournaments this year,” he said. “I want to try and find that feeling of confidence again.”
    Chong Wei, last year's All-England semi-finalist, lost to China's Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin in the quarter-finals of the Malaysian and Korean Opens.
    Chinese players again stand in his way at the All-England. He faces Chen Yu in the quarter-finals with Chen Jin the opponent in the semi-finals, if he makes it that far.
    “It will be good if I can achieve the same results as last year. I have 50-50 chances against my opponents. For now, I just want to concentrate on preparing well for the All-England,” said Chong Wei.
    Hafiz, meanwhile, is all fired up.
    He said he would not be intimidated by having Taufik as his first round opponent. The Indonesian has won all the major tournaments in the world except for the All-England and is gunning for it this year.
    “Since the start of the year, my target has been on doing well at the All-England. If not in for the first round, I would have met Taufik at another stage. I will be ready for the challenging task,” said Hafiz.
    “I have not beaten Taufik before. Our last encounter was at the Asian Games (in Doha in December) and I lost. I will be more than determined to get the better of him now,” said the 2003 All-England champion. Drawn in the same quarter with Hafiz and Taufik are top seed Lin Dan of China and Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro. Veteran Wong Choong Hann is set to join the same quarter if he makes it through the qualifying tournament.

8. valen

valen Regular Member

Chong Wei, we still support you!!

I strongly disagree that we should bash Lee Chong Wei. Give him a break. I disagree that we should compare him with Hafiz. CW didnot win any major tournament apart from Malaysian Open. Definitely not All-England like Hafiz did. A lot of factors may have affected him, which among others are as follows:

1. After introduction of new 21 point system, his performance took a turn for the worst. May not be suited for this format??
    2. His coach Li Mao left after BAM didnot renew contract.
    3. No good coach to replace Li Mao.
    4. Physically he lacks stamina. Must take more tongkat ali or korean ginseng or American ginseng. See our KKK-TBH so much stamina!!
    5. Not doing enough good or virtuous deeds to create good merits.
    6. Should consult Lilllian Too how to use Feng Shui to improve badminton. Maybe he is sleeping in the wrong direction? [This is non-skill related improvements. Skill can only be improved by training] But Feng Shui is only a little (5%?) factor, but still a factor.
    7. Others

#28 valen, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

LCW plays well under the 21 scoring system. He lack of confidence right now and felt very stressed. That's all. He will recover in time.

10. valen

valen Regular Member

Very hopefully ! hahaha :) I am sure his fans and supporters still love him very much.

11. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    just dun give him so much pressure wantin him to win all da time.. just let him play his game.. give him his life man....
    im sure he'll do even better.. but who cares... he's been one of the most "BEST" singles we've got so far....

12. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

look, everyone forgots who is Lee Chong Wei.. the fans are going after KKK/TBH now. they forgot LCW contributions last year. Once LCW lost, everyone leaves him. That's 'fans'. Sad case in Malaysia.

13. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LCW should play MD.... he will be coached by rexy :)

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

he might quit BAM and play for KLRC with taufik.

15. tjl_vanguard

Student
    if he plays MD, Mas MS will die... totally collapse..

16. tjl_vanguard

Student
    are you sure??? i think that might be a good move...
    he can spar with players better than him...
    unlike now.... haih.. sad case.. :(

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Im hate to say this, but like someone had menntioned before in this thread......The rest of his "friends" like LD, TH are steps in front of him, though I support him all the way but LD/TH is too good for him now, unless he improves.....alot.

18. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

that was some rumours from certain website only.. LCW lacks quality sparring partners for him. KBH is far behind him now. Why our singles is in this sad stage today??

19. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    From Berita Harian

below is an extract taken from this news

Ditanya mengenai masa depan Rexy yang boleh mengikut jejak langkah seorang lagi bekas jurulatih negara, Li Mao yang berhijrah ke Korea, Nadzmi menjelaskan kedua-dua jurulatih berkenaan berbeza dari segi pendekatan.

"Cara Li Mao lebih tegas kerana dia berasal dari China dan ia sudah biasa dengan cara itu, kita (pemain negara) tidak boleh. Rexy orang kita, dia faham bagaimana hendak melatih pemain negara.

"Li Mao mungkin berhijrah kerana dia melihat pemain Korea akan lebih cepat meningkat atau mungkin menerima gaji yang lebih mahal, itu kita tidak tahu," katanya.

Rough translation:
    When Nazmi, the BAM president was asked on Rexy future whether he could follow Li Mao's footstep on leaving the country to coach other countries, Nazmi commented that these two coaches have different methods

"Li Mao's way is more firm because he is from China and therefore used to this way (of coaching). However, our players, can't adapt to it. Rexy is our people. He understands how to train our players."

"Maybe Li Mao went away because he sees Korean players have a better potential to grow, or maybe he receives higher income, that we don't know"
    Nazmi said.

20. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

seems like the BAM president is blaming Li Mao. I feel the president don't know anything about badminton. What is so bad with Li Mao? His training method is good!