LCW VS LD in China Masters SF

Discussion in 'China Masters / Japan Open 2009' started by danielwong, Sep 18, 2009.

1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yes, agree with you. Since he could not win in any big tournaments, of course he needs more points to secure his WR#1. ;) Unlike LD, for him, WR#1 so what? Ranking is not important to him now. He will question: have you ever won OG? Have you ever won WC? Never right? Actually I would rather LD could not get back his WR#1, so that our pawers can pick big point when the match involve LD and LCW. :D

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, LD is so generous to us pawers as well.:):)

#162 cooler, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yup, he is too generous. Last time I talked with a chinese player, we were talking about LD. She told me that if LD really eager to win the title, no one can block him, including the WR#1. She understands LD well as they are in the same team. :D So, the conclusion is that, LD is still the best player currently. :D

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    personally i rather see ld not chasing WR 1 position and risk injury. Maybe he think he can regain #1 spot without playing every tourneys

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yup. Sometimes, even he doesn't go for systematic training, he also can win a title. For your information, LD is a famous person in Beijing. He always has to attend function, dinner. I wonder how he could do that.

6. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    i'm waiting Pjswift comment about LIN DAN body language,,,,
    jiakakakakakaakakakaka

7. supertajam

supertajam Regular Member

Player
    LiMao + Misbun = 22-20, 15-21, 21-7

Korea Training Stint......;)

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Good one, eferata...........

I m sure LD will feel shame if he know his fan(s) behaved like this....sad...:)

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Did LCW told the press that he lost because of injury....? :confused:

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

... that's why i said LCW should give up at 11:7 if he did have a genuine or serious injury, if for minor ones or fatigue, of course he should try his best...

otherwise LCW's career would finish very soon due to injury... then people would not hail him as a hero, would not recall that he was finished by his "heroic" (or should I say stupid) insisting to play with injury in order to maintain the #1...

if the injury does affect, should affect him from the 1st set...

and people should also say that LD was affected by his lack of training, therefore their conditions should be level ... at least...

therefore no more excuse on the 11:0 run la... :D:D

11. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

.. should be just said by his fans... :crying::crying::crying:

12. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    without seeing the game it is difficult to judge what happened to LCW in the rubber set. hope those who saw it in china would enlighten us here. PSH almost beat LD in the rubber while LCW just wimpout. (maybe LiMoa kept some secrets from LCW during his training in Korea)
    The Star said LCW force a decider but his fightback proved to be an anticlimax when he ran out of steam.
    Rashid Sidek said credit should be given to LCW for stealing a game from LD in China. (for me losing 2-0 or 2-1 is just the same. one should not be happy to steal a game. unfortunately that's the attitude of the malaysian coaches. they should learn from nicol david after her loss she came back better and stronger sweeping everyone off the squash floor).

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LCW is also a famous person in MAS la:D datuk some more..plus the 100 plus sponsorship deal worth $$$ and unicef ambasador some more:D:p
    yup, LD already grown up a lot since the og04 1st round defeat to ronald susilo from what i see.;) salute to him.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

nope. right until now, we still dunno the what's the problem of this loss..we need to wait and see.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree with you that it's difficult to judge what happened in the rubber set without seeing the match. But it cannot be running out of steam because LCW is known for his fitness and stamina.
    Rashid's comments is a optimist's view whereas Misbun tends to be pessimistic.(A player is better off with a coach who is optimistic.) It's important to note trends because that tells you whether you are making progress and on the right track.
    But I wouldn't say LCW stole the G2.Well, he has a greater chance of winning G2 since he's (should be) fresher than LD. Because of his tough match with PSH, LD did not have the confidence to take LCW out in 2 games.(Same as when LD played Sony in WC.) Usually LD will gauge about midway in G2,(if he wins G1) whether he can finish it straight. If the going proves tough, he will conserve energy for G3 to finish confidently.
    That's the privilege of taking G1.The player has a choice of 'resting' in G2 so he can play a strong G3. This strategy is used by CJ against CL , BP versus CJ and LD vs LCW. It indicates the perception of a strong opponent and lack of confidence in sustained stamina over the opponent.It's a risky but usually effective strategy.
    However, I disagree with your comparison on Nicol David. As you may be aware, Nicol lost to a non-opponent recently in British Open? Guess the reason for the loss? The courts were changed from opaque to glass, apparently causing some disorientation in Nicol.
    LCW has often bounced back from an unexpected loss to win the next tournament. Like losing in SO09 to win in IO09 with a 100% star-studded field.(FYI, LD has never been tested on that ability. When LD loses unexpectedly, LYB would pull him out of the next tournament because he believes LD does not have the confidence to win the next title so soon after a big loss.)
    How can Nicol be compared to LCW? How competitive is squash? Nicol' s playing the same old opponents, tournament in, tournament out.
    In badminton MS, every so often there are new stars that can upset top players. And it is getting to be an even more competitive event.

16. yd0911

yd0911 Regular Member

badminton observer
    Wah, wah, Abang George is angry. :p

I think Lee Chong Wei has techniques good enough to be no. 1, but his mentality isn't. Look what happened after he lost to SDK in World Champs. :D His body became cold, he cried, and he needed Misbun to comfort him! :D

17. yd0911

yd0911 Regular Member

badminton observer
    Agree totally with you. He can play in the net now. :) He usually couldn't. :eek:

18. yd0911

yd0911 Regular Member

badminton observer
    Aha, understand now! If he still plays in Japan, then his reason of injury in China will be jeered. :p

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Until now,...after that lost, LCW have never gave injury as a reason....so please dont create things up............:cool:

I know u adore LD, but please be fair to LCW......;)

20. yd0911

yd0911 Regular Member

badminton observer
    No, I didn't start that, but someone did. I just replied to him/her. ;) I don't like LCW as a player but I think as a person he's all right. :p

Let's see what will happen in Japan. :D